Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

vtec problem!

Old 01-20-2012, 04:24 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gingerbreadman is infamous around these partsgingerbreadman is infamous around these partsgingerbreadman is infamous around these partsgingerbreadman is infamous around these partsgingerbreadman is infamous around these partsgingerbreadman is infamous around these partsgingerbreadman is infamous around these partsgingerbreadman is infamous around these partsgingerbreadman is infamous around these partsgingerbreadman is infamous around these partsgingerbreadman is infamous around these parts
Default vtec problem!

Ok heres the deal my vtec isnt engaging at all. i know its wired up right, but heres the thing my vtec is suppose to engage at 4500 rpm and when it reaches it the check light comes on. idk if the solenoid is acually bad or the oil pressure switch needs to be replaced. please help any advice will do.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 01-20-2012 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Removed mention of For Sale thread...
Old 01-20-2012, 04:29 PM
Reporting FS Threads

E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda
Default Re: vtec problem!

Car? Engine? OBD? All of these would be good things to include in your post. Also turn your rep on.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:41 PM
Registered member

gingerbreadman is infamous around these partsgingerbreadman is infamous around these partsgingerbreadman is infamous around these partsgingerbreadman is infamous around these partsgingerbreadman is infamous around these partsgingerbreadman is infamous around these partsgingerbreadman is infamous around these partsgingerbreadman is infamous around these partsgingerbreadman is infamous around these partsgingerbreadman is infamous around these partsgingerbreadman is infamous around these parts

changed oil today
Old 01-20-2012, 04:42 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

Originally Posted by gingerbreadman
changed oil today
then check the ECU and make sure all the wiring is connected
Old 01-20-2012, 04:45 PM
Previously Odyssey

Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime

What ecu? Chipped?

Try another ECU if possible.

edit- what NasT said too. Post wasn't there when i replied.

Last edited by Odysseus Prime; 01-20-2012 at 04:49 PM.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:46 PM
Registered member

i know its wired right at one point the check light stayed all the time so i had a friend check the codes and it was the vtec so he found that the wires were cut somehow so he wired it back up and the code went away but when i try to go into vtec it comes back on until i turn it off and start it back up
Old 01-20-2012, 04:51 PM
Previously Odyssey

Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime

sounds like same issue.

http://www.team-integra.net/forum/11...ipped-ecu.html
In case anyone else runs into this problem, here is what the problem was:

An incorrect transistor was installed on the ECU board. I purchased another ECU and returned the bad ECU.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:06 PM
Digital Life

83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0

I doubt he randomly has a certain year range ECU that doesn't work with a certain type transistor, that actually has said transistor installed.

Pull the code and see what the fuck it says, it sounds like the pressure switch since it only comes on when you go to cross over.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:24 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by Odyssey
wow makes alot of sense thanks for the link man
Old 01-20-2012, 05:51 PM
Previously Odyssey

Originally Posted by 83Stang5.0
I doubt he randomly has a certain year range ECU that doesn't work with a certain type transistor, that actually has said transistor installed.

Pull the code and see what the fuck it says, it sounds like the pressure switch since it only comes on when you go to cross over.
Kind of confused by this lol.

It has nothing to do with the ecu, but the mod that was done to the ecu from my understanding. In that thread (and many others that I've seen) the Chipped ECU that guy bought had the wrong transistor installed.

I was talking about using a stock ECU for that engine in case he was using a chipped one and it was fucked up.

OP never said what egine/ecu/etc etc he had. So it's possible.

Quick Reply: vtec problem!