Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Vtec on B20B

Old 09-24-2003, 10:46 AM
#XV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold
Default Vtec on B20B

I might be getting a b20b for a good price and I was wondering what all is entailed with converting it to a vtec engine. Anyone have any links to guides or experience in this? I'm trying to see if it would be worth the time/money. Also, I would like to know if the setup could be turbocharged. Thanks in advance!
Old 09-24-2003, 10:58 AM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

same as ls/vtec... i'm sure there are numerous ls/vtec threads. and of course it could be turbo'd... just depends on how reliable you want it to be and how much money you have.
Old 09-25-2003, 11:12 AM
Blow Me

Stillpushin is an unknown quantity at this point

I know the B20 has very low compression (8.8) which would be ideal for Boost. But i have also heard that the motor has thin sidewalls on the block. Turbo is always nice so look into some sleeves for the block and see what you come up with.