Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

VTEC

Old 03-16-2007, 01:04 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thehollowkrew has disabled reputation
Default VTEC

thinking about doing an ls/vtec build-up.
already planned everything out so dont try and change my mind.
anyways, my question is if there is any way to make vtec stronger?
i mean, can you like tune vtec to make it run smoother, as well as make more power?
Old 03-16-2007, 02:56 PM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey
Default Re: VTEC

Damn. I was going to come in here and make you change your mind.

BTW, The only way to make vtec hit better is to buy a Type R.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:59 PM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

Buy a Vtech controller. You can tune it with that. Vtech is the shit!
Old 03-16-2007, 03:00 PM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Originally Posted by S dot Camp
Buy a Vtech controller. You can tune it with that. Vtech is the shit!
That's always an option. It still won't be as good without a Type R.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:01 PM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

Very true. Type R Vtech is the best for sure. I heard that they use a different Solenoid to make it stronger. Any truth to that?
Old 03-16-2007, 03:04 PM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Originally Posted by S dot Camp
Very true. Type R Vtech is the best for sure. I heard that they use a different Solenoid to make it stronger. Any truth to that?
The Type R solenoid is actually a higher pressure piece. This is what gives it that extreme vtec pop that all the girls love.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:07 PM
Asshole Supreme

I knew it was true! I have to find a used one though. The new ones are too much for me to spend.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:11 PM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

I heard that company that produced them for Honda went out of business. They were actually producing the vtec solenoids for the Celica GTS as well and Honda cut their ties with the company. I guess they don't like their suppliers helping the competition with quality parts.

I actually bought 4 solenoids from the Acura dealer when I heard this. I was afraid that mine would stop being efficient and would need to be replaced. I'm on my second one (not including the original stock one) as we speak. I can sell you one if you'd like. PM me for details.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:14 PM
Asshole Supreme

Most definetly! I will contact you right now! I have been trying to get a hold of one for a while now. I am glad that you replied to this thread. I just got my Vtech controller last week so the upgraded solenoid will compliment it nicely. Awesome! I am excited!
Old 03-16-2007, 03:15 PM
Type-R; Tight Car

The real Ryan has disabled reputation

Just put an s2000 vtek seloniod on your car, you wouldn't want to half ass your build with type r parts....

Quick Reply: VTEC