Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

venom chip??

Old 09-03-2009, 11:22 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bo05tB3aSt has disabled reputation
Default venom chip??

i had a question does the venom chip really work? does it make ur car a faster,more torque/hp.... Cause all I"ve heard was it jus makes ur motor blow faster

i want to see what you guys think about it
Thanks
Old 09-03-2009, 11:29 AM
DEY SEE ME TROLLIN

DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt
Default Re: venom chip??

1st.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:45 AM
Luxury = Love

Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty

Give me $200 and let me kick you in the sack and tongue kiss your girlfriend.

No?

Then dont buy it 'cuz thats how you will feel after you do.

Had one in a car years ago and did a dyno run with it. I actually LOST HP with it on.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:49 AM
Sorry. Not really.

BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve

That's cuz it only works on Cobras. Duh.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:57 AM
DEY SEE ME TROLLIN

DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt

Originally Posted by Bo05tB3aSt
i had a question does the venom chip really work? does it make ur car a faster,more torque/hp.... Cause all I"ve heard was it jus makes ur motor blow faster

i want to see what you guys think about it
Thanks
IT WORKZ WELL. MAKE SURE YOU GET THE COMPRESSION OPTION. IT INCREASES YOUR PISTONS COMRESSION RATIO AND GIVES YOU AN ADDITIONAL 20WHP. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:24 PM
can u catch me?

DRAY has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Chris@SCAutos
I COMPRESSION OPTION. IT INCREASES YOUR PISTONS COMRESSION RATIO .
im an idiot so plz explain?
Old 09-04-2009, 08:55 AM
Registered member

Bo05tB3aSt has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Chris@SCAutos
IT WORKZ WELL. MAKE SURE YOU GET THE COMPRESSION OPTION. IT INCREASES YOUR PISTONS COMRESSION RATIO AND GIVES YOU AN ADDITIONAL 20WHP. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO.
thanks for the tip.. im look in to that
Old 09-04-2009, 12:23 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Pre-tuned chips are never a great way to go for tuning. They weren't tuned for your car, and while that may mean the tune will work OK for your car if you have the same mods (or lack of mods), you may not get very good results. If your car is completely stock, and the pre-tuned chip was made for a completely stock car, you may pick up a little power here and there. If you do any mods, you've wasted all of your money on the chip because now the chip is no longer tuned for your car.

If you want to make more power, get your car with your mods tuned and then you'll know where you stand.

If you have a diesel pickup truck, then you can buy a chip for it. Diesels are pretty forgiving.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:11 PM
can u catch me?

DRAY has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Pre-tuned chips are never a great way to go for tuning. They weren't tuned for your car, and while that may mean the tune will work OK for your car if you have the same mods (or lack of mods), you may not get very good results. If your car is completely stock, and the pre-tuned chip was made for a completely stock car, you may pick up a little power here and there. If you do any mods, you've wasted all of your money on the chip because now the chip is no longer tuned for your car.

If you want to make more power, get your car with your mods tuned and then you'll know where you stand.

If you have a diesel pickup truck, then you can buy a chip for it. Diesels are pretty forgiving.
you can get a custom tuned sct chip and they work great.... you call the company tell them your motor and mods they build a chip and send it out to you and they work great. its how i tuned my mustang before i hit the dyno. and when i put it on the dyno it only needed a slight tweak and it was golden!

Last edited by DRAY; 09-04-2009 at 04:55 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:44 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

So you bought a pre-tuned chip, they tuned it for you sight unseen, and you still had to tune some more..

Quick Reply: venom chip??