Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Valve Tap

Old 01-19-2004, 05:45 PM
Taking the shot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these parts

ya thats what it is, so what do i need to do just buy new lifters?
Old 01-19-2004, 05:48 PM
1505/2000

execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon

yeah look around dsmtalk there is a company mentioned that sells them somewhere
Old 01-19-2004, 06:49 PM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

Originally posted by execelon
lol this is some funny shit cause you can't adjust them not picking on you any help is good help lol
if you bring the rpms up to around 3k and it goes away then um yeah it's the lifters

which isn't bad but can trigger the knock sensor to pull timing which sucks
oh well non adjustable valves suck! dsm shit is gay to me, i mean greek! any way good luck with it!
Old 01-19-2004, 06:51 PM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

you can either clean them or i believe 3000gt lifters are a direct swap and those do not tick.
Old 01-19-2004, 07:19 PM
Jay
VR-4ever

Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay

Originally posted by sk8rmike
you can either clean them or i believe 3000gt lifters are a direct swap and those do not tick.
Not sure on the compatability of the lifters between 3/S and DSM, but 1999 (3rd gen) 3000GT lifters are the only ones that do not tick. The ticking is a common 3/S thing too. Not a serious problem, just mostly annoying.
Old 01-19-2004, 07:22 PM
Jay
VR-4ever

Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay

Check it.
Old 01-19-2004, 07:55 PM
RIP Chris Schader

g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x

here homie, the revised lifters cheaper than youll find anwhere else. these dont tick and you can listen to my car if you want me to prove it
http://www.dsmtalk.com/forums/showth...ht=lifter+tick
Old 01-19-2004, 08:29 PM
Taking the shot

QwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these parts

Word so i can swap those 3G lifters for mine? And do i have to buy 16 new ones or just replace the ones that are bad

Last edited by QwanSanchez; 01-19-2004 at 08:37 PM.
Old 01-19-2004, 08:55 PM
Taking the shot

Aww Screw it. Hey Devan how bout i pay you some money and you clean my lifters?? Cmon how bout it? be a pal
Old 01-19-2004, 09:31 PM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

Originally posted by QwanSanchez
Word so i can swap those 3G lifters for mine? And do i have to buy 16 new ones or just replace the ones that are bad
replace them all...but thats only if the ticking irritates you that much. keep in mind it is not harming your motor in any way whatsoever....it would be like buying new tires because the ones you have are too loud.....even though the tires you had were fine...

Quick Reply: Valve Tap