Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Ultra High Performance All-Season Tire for my 96 Hatch??

Old 10-30-2009, 10:06 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
91efhatch has disabled reputation
Default Ultra High Performance All-Season Tire for my 96 Hatch??

Name: Hunter
Vehicle: 1991 Civic CX H/B

I'm in the works for buying a new set of tires for my hatch. I have a set of 15x6.5 Rota Group N's w/ Toyo Proxie 4's on them. Im not happy with the toyos. They have worn very uneven and my car is barely lowered. Ive got probaly aroun 15k miles on them. I just recently got an alignment and they now pull harder to the right. Ive had old skool azenis 215's. Ive had the 615s. Potenzas. I liked but the falkens and they lasted longer than I thought they would but Im looking for a good wearing tire (for a lowered car ofcourse) that is going to give me the traction I need under wet and dry conditions. I dont drive my car in the snow so im not worried about that. I will be doing SOME track attacks but mainly daily street driving and yes i like to get a little crazy driving on the back roads especially with my new rear ASR sway bar setup.

But to get back on track I'm just looking for a GOOD WET and DRY high performance tire that will wear good on a lowered car and is not going to pull the hell out of my car when it wears just a tad.

I was looking at the nitto neo gens because a review said they were specially good on lowered cars as far as inside wear. And im not looking to spend more than $75 per tire. Thanks for your time

-Hunter
Old 10-30-2009, 11:13 AM
CAPS LOCK BABY

CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK
Default Re: Ultra High Performance All-Season Tire for my 96 Hatch??

you contradict everything you just said with your price.... stop being cheap and buy something worth a damn
Old 10-30-2009, 11:51 AM
Registered member

kadafiz has disabled reputation

i havn't had a problem with my kumho tire's and when i got them they were cheap around 58$ a tire.. they have lasted about 1 year now and still i got 90% tread with no wear....

i got camber kit in front and back maybe that's the reason for no wear and maybe that's what you need?
Old 10-30-2009, 12:38 PM
still alive

gpeele gpeele gpeele gpeele gpeele gpeele

I have some Goodyear Eagle GT's on my Mazda 3 daily driver. They were good in snow last year and grip and stability in the rain is almost unbelievable. They also handle on ramps very well for an all season tire, at least they handle anything that I care to throw at them in my daily driver. They are also non-directional so you can rotate them, a huge plus for making them last. I've had them on the car for about 19k very spirited miles and still have plenty of tread left, although I'll have to be a little careful if it decides to snow this year! The only problem is as they wear, road noise increases a fair bit. However if you're use to running on 615's that shouldn't be a problem, they are still much quieter that most summer tires I've had on other cars. They cost a little more than you want to spend by a few dollars a tire but are outstanding tires for the price, they are my new dd tires of choice .

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....Model=Eagle+GT
Old 10-30-2009, 01:23 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by rallen
you contradict everything you just said with your price.... stop being cheap and buy something worth a damn
How did i contradict my self? Im just looking mainly for a street tire city and highway driving. A high performance all-season tire. something that will be decent on a lowered car. Yes non-directional also would be great. I mean the toyo proxie 4's are not a bad tire. they actually do pretty decent in the rain. But im still looking for more of a perforance tire. the proxie 4's were only like $58 a piece if i remember.

So really Im just looking for the best all around ultra high performance tire ALL season tire I can get with a good wear rating for under $75 a piece.

If i worded the last post wrong I apologize I was in a rush. I would like as many "opinions" as I can get. Thanks
Old 10-30-2009, 01:27 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by kadafiz
i havn't had a problem with my kumho tire's and when i got them they were cheap around 58$ a tire.. they have lasted about 1 year now and still i got 90% tread with no wear....

i got camber kit in front and back maybe that's the reason for no wear and maybe that's what you need?
What size tires and wheels are they? and what is your camber deg in the front an back set at?

I need to buy another camber kit an when I do ill probaly be setting it around -2 up front an -1.5 in the back

an what kind of kumhos were u talking bout?
Old 10-30-2009, 02:03 PM
Registered Member

Im actually looking at the ultra high performance summer tires. not all season. i just need something for wet and dry. the General Exclaim UHP looks pretty good for the price. treadwear sounds great so does the dry an wet conditions
Old 10-30-2009, 02:08 PM
Registered Member

Default GENERAL EXCLAIM UHP TIRES vs. Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec

Ive aleady made a few posts about trying to figure out what tire would be best. I just need a daily street tire for dry and some wet conditions. these General Exclaim UHP's reviews were good. treadwear rating was good. also wet an dry conditions rating was good. But the Dunlops were like 20 dollars more a piece and their ratings were all very good though.

Just need ya'lls 2 cents. Thanks
Old 10-30-2009, 04:34 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

You shouldn't have pulling to the left or right with any tire. You have alignment problems if that's an issue. Some tires will tramline more than others on ruts in the road, but that's more a function of tire width and sidewall stiffness. If your wheels are only 15s, that shouldn't be a problem either.

Originally Posted by 91efhatch
Im actually looking at the ultra high performance summer tires. not all season. i just need something for wet and dry. the General Exclaim UHP looks pretty good for the price. treadwear sounds great so does the dry an wet conditions
About treadwear: The better the treadwear rating, the lower the tire performance. You can either have grippy tires that don't last long, or tires that last long but aren't that grippy. Any tire that has "great treadwear" isn't that high performance of a tire usually. You'll obviously get a lot more life from a UHP than max/extreme perf tire.

Check out Kumho SPT and Yokohama S.Drive, both are really good for the money.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 10-30-2009 at 04:54 PM.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:56 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Don't make any more threads about this. One is enough.

Quick Reply: Ultra High Performance All-Season Tire for my 96 Hatch??