Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Turbo Single-Cam

Old 01-21-2007, 01:43 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lilskud13 has a reputation beyond reputelilskud13 has a reputation beyond reputelilskud13 has a reputation beyond reputelilskud13 has a reputation beyond reputelilskud13 has a reputation beyond reputelilskud13 has a reputation beyond reputelilskud13 has a reputation beyond reputelilskud13 has a reputation beyond reputelilskud13 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Turbo Single-Cam

Alright first I just bought a 94' Hatch with a ZC engine and stock tranny put in it. It was professionaly dun and was bought from Noyan. It has very little power at all, and no V-tec which sux ( since the car is stock with no v-tec the guy really didnt care to have it installed). I was thinking on doing a turbo setup soon and was wondering if this engine would be good or should I get a different Single Cam? ANother thing is what is a good turbo kit? I wanna be boosting about 15psi, so any help or information on how to get started would be great.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:48 PM
Banned

Spike101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Turbo Single-Cam

To start off its VTEC not v-tec.
I wouldn't suggest boosting 15 psi on a stock motor.
The best turbo kit would be the one you piece together yourself so you can pick out what you want.

My friend has a turbo D16Z6 and I like it for what it is.
Good luck with your decision.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:51 PM

nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo

Learn your cars first before you start asking for help
1) No such thing as VTEC in a ZC engine
2) ZC is DOHC
3) 15 psi on stock tune is not going to work, might work as far as out of your drive way
4) D16Z6 is the VTEC SOHC engine
5) do more research.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:52 PM

nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo

Originally Posted by Spike101
To start off its VTEC not v-tec.
I wouldn't suggest boosting 15 psi on a stock motor.
The best turbo kit would be the one you piece together yourself so you can pick out what you want.

My friend has a turbo D16Z6 and I like it for what it is.
Good luck with your decision.
damn u beat me
Old 01-21-2007, 02:01 PM
Banned

Spike101 is an unknown quantity at this point

haha but yeah man
sorry but there is such thing as a sohc zc.
Old 01-21-2007, 02:02 PM
misunderestimated

Yamamaha has disabled reputation

well, any d-series (sohc) motor is going to be cheap mainly because there is less shit to worry about, and im pretty sure when i say this, that there are more of them, so parts are easier to come by. From what i understand, tuning the sohc vtec motor is a little more involved than the ZC, but you can make more power out of the vtec than the non-vtec. I would just do some research to see what best interests you, and good luck.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:24 PM
I drive a coupe

Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR)

Originally Posted by nismo
Learn your cars first before you start asking for help
1) No such thing as VTEC in a ZC engine
2) ZC is DOHC
3) 15 psi on stock tune is not going to work, might work as far as out of your drive way
4) D16Z6 is the VTEC SOHC engine
5) do more research.
Take your own advice...

1) Yes there is.
2) Not all of them, the obd1 JDM ZC is a sohc vtec.
3) True, a stock tune will not work, but 15psi is definately attainable on stock internals. I can prove it if you would like. I run 16-17 psi on 93 octane, and 23 psi on 110 octane. Stock internals with minor headwork. (hasnt blown up yet)
4) Along with the JDM ZC, and the D16y8. The others are either vtec-e or non vtec period.
5) Please do...
Old 01-21-2007, 07:28 PM
sleeping.....

AWD_pwr!! has disabled reputation

????
Old 01-21-2007, 07:30 PM
Registered Member

lilskud13 has a reputation beyond reputelilskud13 has a reputation beyond reputelilskud13 has a reputation beyond reputelilskud13 has a reputation beyond reputelilskud13 has a reputation beyond reputelilskud13 has a reputation beyond reputelilskud13 has a reputation beyond reputelilskud13 has a reputation beyond reputelilskud13 has a reputation beyond repute

My bad bout tha VTEC. I was jus in a hurry so didnt realize what i was writing. Now Idk everything bout cars but Im not stupid. Thats y i posted this thread to get help. Now bout my engine in my car now, there is such thing as a sohc zc, cuz i got tha receipt right here, it says"Honda ZC Sohc VTEC $550." Its not pushin much power I think like 105hp. Ive been looking at some other engines, d16y8, d16z6, or a d15b, or should I just keep this. Now for a turbo kit, someone said put it togehter myself. Would that be cheaper? I kno i gotta get a turbo,intercooler kit, turbo manifold, etc. what other things will I have to buy? And I know I cant boost 15psi on a stock motor, so what will I have to get for that, pistons?!? Thanx for all the help again.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:11 PM
I drive a coupe

Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR)

That depends on what you are looking for. If you are going to build a motor, build a Z6, the dip stick on my y8 has a tendancy to pop out, and the IAT sensor is mounted in a coupler on the charge piping and on high boost sometimes will pop out. If you are going to keep stock internals, you might as well boost the motor that you have got. I think the ZC is basically the same as the z6. If you want to boost 15 psi, throw down some cash on dyno time and size your turbo right. It can hold 15 psi if you tune it right, assuming you buy ARP head studs and have a strong running motor with good compression. Also, get a catch can... Oh, btw you will need injectors, engine management (I use CROME), at least a 255 lph fuel pump, and a set of spark plugs 2 steps colder than stock as a bare minimum.

If you want to build a motor, break out your wallet...

Last edited by Hatch Man(GsR); 01-21-2007 at 08:15 PM.

Quick Reply: Turbo Single-Cam