Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Turbo shopping

Old 03-20-2003, 06:15 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kioller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Turbo shopping

I know i post alot, but i don't know much, anyways. i got a F22, and i am seeing now turbo's are shit loads of money, BEFORE install. now if i get a custom tubing kit, the manifold, and a Garrett t3/t04E 50trim w/.48A A/r. and 35mm waste gate. am i going to be able to pretty much bolt and weld this thing myself. i have basic car knowledge. and with that turbo on my lil car, am i going to need like new internal engine crap. so my car don't explode. not looking at an intercooler yet, would need more cash. thank for all the help you guys give me.
Old 03-20-2003, 07:07 PM

mpg9999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well it depends on the Internals of your specific motor, and also the boost level you plan to run. If you dont know about that, you might not wana try to install a turbo without doing more research. Also, the .48 a/r seems pretty small, but then again I dont know anything about your motor or what you want. Also, I wouldnt run without an IC. At least not alot of boost. I would do much more research before undertaking this project.
Old 03-20-2003, 07:32 PM
Registered Member

Default what size is good.

If the .48 would be kinda small, and i am lookin for bang for the buck, without an explosion, what would be a good meduim size, the .63 be a better size, since its the same price???
Old 03-20-2003, 07:58 PM

What kind of engine do you have? Generally, a larger exhaust housing will allow you to make more power (there will be less backpressure), but at the expense of spool up time.
Old 03-21-2003, 06:04 AM
RS Doscientos

litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic

.48 to .63 will not make an ubelieviable difference.. especially since all you are dion is slapping on a turbo.. I would say get a nice bit t3 and be happy... 100 bucks at the junkyard.. while you are they they are plenty of intercooled cars get a intercooler.. come hom and spray paint and put a "spearco" sticker on it.. there you have a turbo and intercooler.. and the t3 will have an internal wastegate so you dont have to worry about that either.. and you might want to find a old DSM and grab the dump valve off of it.. it.. there is your nice BLOW OFF VALVE.. that is why you are getting a turbo isnt it?? if you want to know how you get the DSM dump valve to hold more than 17 psi IM me and Ill fill you in..
Old 03-21-2003, 06:58 AM
Registered Member

Default WTF

you make it sound like i just wunna do a rice-by and show people the noise my turbo can make. NEGATIVE. i am trying to make my car as badass as i can without it blowing up, and on my meager budget. but i had considered going to the junkyard and yankin a turbo off some car, jsut ain't had time yet. and i want to be sure that the turbo i get would fit my car, and isn't broken in any way.
Old 03-21-2003, 07:55 AM

The T3 is a crappy turbo. T3/TO4E is so much better. You need to answer a few questions before you procede. How much power do you want to make, how much money are you willing to spend, and how much lag are you willing to have. Is the F22 an older accord engine? Im really not that familier with hondas. I would go find a forum that is specifically for your car and find out what kind of boost the stock bottom end can handle. One of hte big things that will keep your engine from exploding is your engine managment. That is another thing to keep in mind.
Old 03-21-2003, 08:05 AM
no love for hoes...

99slowlst

i love my turbonetics t3/t04.....i love the whine it makes when i get past 3000 rpm. i also love the noise of my vortech blow-off valve....the noises created by turbo kits are part of the perks of having a turbocharged car. hey, it beats a car with stickers all over it, and the way i look at it, v8s have that rumbling noise, why cant i make my little whine and pssssht noises and be happy with it?