Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

turbo civic ???????

Old 07-10-2009, 02:53 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts
Default turbo civic ???????

i am about to boost a 2000 si i plan on 10psi can i run that w/an fmu and stock ecu or do i need hondata???
Old 07-10-2009, 04:35 PM
Registered Member

fingers can only hope to improve
Default Re: turbo civic ???????

[QUOTE=00si;5438213]i am about to boost a 2000 si i plan on 10psi can i run that w/an fmu and stock ecu or do i need hondata???[/QU everybody i've always talked to say that boost or nitro blows motors up with out a tune. So your best bet would to be go and get a tune. Thats to nice of a car to be trying to go the cheap route
Old 07-10-2009, 04:50 PM
Registered member

wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright

FMU's are junk. Your best bet if you do not want to shell out the cash for Hondata is to convert the car to OBD1 by buying a jumper harness and then put Crome on it. Also it is a good idea to put in a Walbro 255 fuel pump as well as some bigger injectors.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:10 PM
Registered Member

invertedintegra invertedintegra invertedintegra invertedintegra

wright... do you know if there is a way to figure out what size pump and injectors to upgrade to? based on amount of boost or estimated compression? something like that

sorry to thread jack
Old 07-10-2009, 08:04 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

The only thing that matters for injector sizing is the target power level you're shooting for. There are a lot of calculators out there, but an easy thing to do is to talk to someone with a similar setup to what you want, or talk to a tuner and tell them your goals.