Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

turbo car overheating

Old 08-11-2008, 07:53 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts
Default turbo car overheating

turbo car overheating i have replaced the stock radiator with an aftermarket one and still the car is overheating i havent tried to replace the thermostat..idk if this matters but when i turn the heat on when it starts to overheat it blows cool air..any help is appreciated
Old 08-11-2008, 08:29 PM
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush
Default Re: turbo car overheating

Are the fans operating? Did you bleed your cooling system? More info is appreciated, so VaD can help diagnose your problem.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:29 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Sounds like you might have a big air bubble in your heating system, which means a possible leak. I'm assuming the fan turns on when it's supposed to, etc.?
Old 08-11-2008, 11:10 PM
RagPhoto.net

99CIVICFTW will become famous soon enough99CIVICFTW will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Sounds like you might have a big air bubble in your heating system, which means a possible leak. I'm assuming the fan turns on when it's supposed to, etc.?
this was my guess.

try to burp the system. also, just checking to see. are you running an intercooler?
Old 08-12-2008, 12:33 AM
Chicken Little

ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988

You should check a few things first...are your fans running like they are supposed to? air in the system? any visible leaks? is there any coolant in the system and if so is it clean? if all those things check out i would check your thermostat next..still doesn't solve your problem then replace your radiator cap (seen several people replace virtually very part of their cooling system before finding out they had a bad cap) also when was your water pump last changed?
Old 08-12-2008, 03:22 AM
fabricating is fun

cleckner04 is an unknown quantity at this point

its your water pump. i had this happen to me twice. both on the same vehicle. went bad on my the first time and then i bought one and like 5000 miles it took a shit on me again. you can remove it for free. you will not have gaskets to woring about. just drain your fluid and remove it.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:57 AM
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush

Originally Posted by cleckner04
its your water pump. i had this happen to me twice. both on the same vehicle. went bad on my the first time and then i bought one and like 5000 miles it took a shit on me again. you can remove it for free. you will not have gaskets to woring about. just drain your fluid and remove it.
Dont take this advice.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:20 AM
Needs a fast car now

NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET

+1 with Fabrik8 sounds like you need to bleed the coolant system.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:28 AM
Fitty Tuckin

-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-

Same thing happened to me, I had air in the system. Also check your thermostat. Drop it in boiling hot water to see if it moves. Also you should be able to push open the spring on it. It's an easy fix.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:09 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by ACCORDKID
are you running an intercooler?
Doesn't matter. You aren't putting any extra heat into the air unless you're pressurizing the air, and intake air temp doesn't have much to do with coolant temp (only power output).

Could be a thermostat issue, but it would have to be really stuck shut to not let enough coolant through the heater core.. Could be a water pump too, but water pump failure is usually fairly obvious.. How fast does it overheat? Does it slowly overheat after running around town for a while, or does it overheat really rapidly as soon as it warms up?

Last edited by Fabrik8; 08-12-2008 at 08:13 AM.

Quick Reply: turbo car overheating