Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Which turbo?

Old 03-06-2007, 06:05 PM
Function > Form

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RobertE is a name known to allRobertE is a name known to allRobertE is a name known to allRobertE is a name known to allRobertE is a name known to allRobertE is a name known to all
Default Which turbo?

Hey guys, as I've been reading up on some options for forced induction for the Rover Engines, I realized something.. I have no experience in turbo's/brands and which is the best...

After looking at roots style chargers, centrifugal, and finally turbo's; I've found that turbo's seem to be the most reliable for high hp output with the 3500 block.

Now I understand how turbo's work, how to make them fit the Rover engine, but I have no idea which turbo(s) are the best for what I'm trying to achieve. I'm hoping for something around the 400's to 500's on a street tune without running to much boost(All alluminum motor).. What turbos would best achieve this for a sequential twin turbo setup?

If room in the engine bay became and issue, what single turbo would be the best for this?

I appreciate any help, and apologize for my lack of knowledge in turbo's

Displacement on the engine is 292ci

Last edited by RobertE; 03-06-2007 at 07:06 PM.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:17 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tundrafiend01 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Which turbo?

A few months ago, I was in the same boat as you. Wanting to turbo but not knowing where to start. I found the following articles at http://www.turbobygarrett.com:

Tech 101

Tech 102

Tech 103.

If you plan on building your own kit, I'd suggest visiting Home Made Turbo and browsing their stickies for numerous helpful articles.