Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

TURBO???

Old 02-13-2007, 06:18 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer
Default TURBO???

Hey I have an 89 Honda civic with a rebuilt multiport d15b2. It has no performance upgrades just rebuilt. I want to boost it but I don’t want to cause damage to the engine itself. Please let me know the best way to get some more power without rebuilding, swapping, or damaging my engine. Also I don’t have a lot of money. I am looking for something that is non-intercooled, but let me know thanks.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:09 PM
Registered Member

Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher
Default Re: TURBO???

Garrett GT40, as much boost as possible, and when the engine goes, buy a k-series and figure out a way to shove it in the bay....lol

Or jus get a tiny turbo, dont push anything over 5-9 psi and get the support mods (I,E,H)

Last edited by Muncher; 02-14-2007 at 11:04 PM.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:26 PM
Wii
Retired OG

Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii

Originally Posted by siclike7
Garrett GT40, as much boost as possible, and when the engine goes, buy a k-series and figure out a way to shove it in the bay....lol

Or jus dont push anything over 5-9 psi and get the support mods (I,E,H)
HAHAHA GT40, it take forever for the SOHC to spool that bad boy

Originally Posted by vietballer
Hey I have an 89 Honda civic with a rebuilt multiport d15b2. It has no performance upgrades just rebuilt. I want to boost it but I don’t want to cause damage to the engine itself. Please let me know the best way to get some more power without rebuilding, swapping, or damaging my engine. Also I don’t have a lot of money. I am looking for something that is non-intercooled, but let me know thanks.
If your trying to Boost with no intercooler, then run a greddy kit @3-4PSI & be slow.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:56 AM
Registered member

vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer

its not that i dont want an intercooler but i wanted to konw if they had any non-intercooled kits
Old 02-15-2007, 08:59 AM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia

no, because it is a bad idea...just like boosting your SOHC civic - first of all it's a civic, second of all it is a 1.5L 4 cyl, third of all it is a single cam and makes all of 75whp.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:07 AM
Die reinste Bösen.

gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear

I recommend a STD manifold, adapter plate, with a Mitsubishi T25 turbo. It will spool relatively quick and is pretty efficient for smaller engines to use. If you're trying to save a little dough, use a cheap sidemount intercooler set off where it will get some airflow. You could do the mitsubishi 450cc injector hack with a AFC, or if your really trying to save some money go with the FMU, but thats just living on borrowed time and I dont recommend that option.

In all honesty your best bet would be to buy a second hand zex nitrous 50 shot. You can find them for 300 bucks regularly. You'd have to fill up the bottle every now and then and it'd be cheaper/easier in the long run.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:12 AM
Registered Member

Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher

yeah, its kinda pointless to do if your not gunna build the motor at all. you still wont make much power and youll risk fuckin up your motor. Sell the rebuilt SOHC, and spend the money (with thte combo of a little more money) and the rest of your time on getting a sawp. Itll be more reliable and make more power than your SOHC on 3 psi.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:36 AM
Registered member

Randy@FMS is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by gear
I recommend a STD manifold, adapter plate, with a Mitsubishi T25 turbo. It will spool relatively quick and is pretty efficient for smaller engines to use. If you're trying to save a little dough, use a cheap sidemount intercooler set off where it will get some airflow. You could do the mitsubishi 450cc injector hack with a AFC, or if your really trying to save some money go with the FMU, but thats just living on borrowed time and I dont recommend that option.

In all honesty your best bet would be to buy a second hand zex nitrous 50 shot. You can find them for 300 bucks regularly. You'd have to fill up the bottle every now and then and it'd be cheaper/easier in the long run.
+1

Check out

www.homemadeturbo.com
Old 02-15-2007, 09:38 AM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

+2 for the nitrous kit.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:57 AM
Turbo VTEC-E

black6gen can only hope to improve
Cool Re: TURBO???

www.homemadeturbo.com

Quick Reply: TURBO???