Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

tsi conversion

Old 01-28-2005, 01:35 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civic1987 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default tsi conversion

hey i was just woundering how hard it would be to take a 95 eagle talon esi and convert it to a tsi. i really want an all wheel drive car and i love my car and ive heard that its pretty easy and that everything bolts right on. except for the tranny. im pretty sure that it bolts right up but dont really know. and i was also wandering how long and hard would it be if i did it. if anyone knows anything let me know. if its not that bad and i can find a decent tranny and driveshafts then i might do it. if anyone can give me some info. then it would be great

thanx

Last edited by civic1987; 01-28-2005 at 01:39 PM.
Old 01-28-2005, 01:40 PM
Big Dick Playa

King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling
Default Re: tsi conversion

to convert an esi to a tsi is like an rs to a gst

pointless. nothings a direct swap. nothin bolts up. there 2 different motors.

it's cheaper to just buy the tsi.

unless things changed overnight
Old 01-28-2005, 01:42 PM
Registered Member

civic1987 is an unknown quantity at this point

yea thanx, like i said i didnt really knoe how hard it was and someone had toold me that it jus bolted up

thanx for the info
Old 01-28-2005, 06:41 PM
Registered Member

Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva

fwd to awd is like sex change operation. it's not practical, awkward, & expensive. i agree buying a tsi would be way better than any other option out there. i thought about converting my talon to a tsi once.... umm, learned that i'd rather shoot my foot then do what requires the conversion. DSMs seem too problematic when people do conversions like this anyways... nothing ever seems to work right unless it's a bolt-on turbo kit.
Old 01-29-2005, 06:15 AM
Home, finally

Citium2012 Citium2012 Citium2012 Citium2012 Citium2012 Citium2012 Citium2012 Citium2012 Citium2012 Citium2012 Citium2012

Originally Posted by Qwiksillva
fwd to awd is like sex change operation. it's not practical, awkward, & expensive. i agree buying a tsi would be way better than any other option out there. i thought about converting my talon to a tsi once.... umm, learned that i'd rather shoot my foot then do what requires the conversion. DSMs seem too problematic when people do conversions like this anyways... nothing ever seems to work right unless it's a bolt-on turbo kit.
Yeah no doubt... my Star Stage II was my favorite turbo kit on the ESi I once had.
I know that an AWD setup is "bolt-on" from a GSX going to a GST. You just need, driveshaft, axles, rear diff., T-case, Tranny, exhaust, gas tank. I can't remember if you need the fuel pump and ECU, but that's pretty much the basics.
I would think that you could atleast bolt up the drivetrain and gas tank onto an N/T. Once you'd get to the tranny or exhaust you'd have to start modifying from there to the engine b'c of the engine's position. Still not worth the trouble though.
I've heard that the AWD conversion IS worth the time and $$$ on a GST Spyder (who wouldn't want an AWD turbo convertible? ). One guy on DSMTuners completed his AWD Spyder and said it was pretty much all "bolt-on" and took a week or two, and $2000. That price included the purchase of a totalled AWD Talon for $1000. $2000 extra isn't bad for an AWD Spyder in my opinion!
Anyone who sees I may have left something out or been inaccurate, let me know.