Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Trans. pops out of gear!

Old 02-09-2007, 02:21 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
delxsol is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Trans. pops out of gear!

i have a 93 del sol. it has a shortshifter i changed the tranny fluid and the gears is still stiff and it pops out of second gear does any one know how to fix that problem??
Old 02-09-2007, 10:08 PM
I <3 My DSM

SPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud of
Default Re: Trans. pops out of gear!

how long in between tranny fluid changes did you go?? it IS actually a BAD thing to change trans fluid on a car that hasnt had it done regularly (well at least within a reasonable amount of time or miles) . Also, any grinds when shifting gears(slow or fast).???could be a few things...not enough info on what is goin on
Old 02-10-2007, 08:21 AM
Registered Member

WillRace4Food is an unknown quantity at this point

There's a leprechaun living in your transmission and he hates you so he keeps pushing it outta gear. Drop the tranny, find him, and hold him underwater until he gives away the location of his pot of gold. The short throw may be installed wrong or the throw may be off. If you got plenty of fluid and the gears seems to be ok then I'd try to put in a regular shifter and see if that works. If not you got some sort of internal tranny problem.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:47 AM
Registered Member

92EH3 has disabled reputation

your syncros are worn either you buy a new tranns or get it rebuilt