Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Tranny prob WTF!?

Old 01-02-2004, 10:27 PM
RIP Chris Schader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x
Thumbs down Tranny prob WTF!?

ok, i was sitting at chick fil a and they decided to kick us out so i get in my car and push in the clutch and put it in reverse. suddenly i hear a pop sound and then metal to metal grinding that sounded like the throw out bearing went bad. the sound was there until i push in the clutch and then it would go away. i drove it out of the parking lot to the super k parking lot and stopped because it sounded like i was dragging something metal (which i wasnt) so i got it towed to my shop, put it on the lift and looked at it. i found out that there is a hole in the reverse gear cover (or might be the 5th gear) and i pulled the broken part of the cover out along with a c clip looking thing.
What would cause the cover to just break? my transmission was in awesome shape (so i thought) and now it just me.

edit:
i found this on dsm talk and i suspect that it might have been my whole problem because my shifter moved in 5th when u press/release the gas
http://www.dsmtalk.com/forums/showth...e+transmission

I NEED HELP

Last edited by g S x; 01-02-2004 at 10:47 PM.
Old 01-02-2004, 11:18 PM
Taking the shot

QwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these parts

Man Devin what is it with things just breaking on ur car?
Old 01-02-2004, 11:20 PM
RIP Chris Schader

i guess being down for 1 day wasnt enough for it. i think it decided to take a vacation.
Old 01-02-2004, 11:28 PM
Taking the shot

QwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these parts

U think u got it bad i had to change my oil today, i mean cmon...... stupid DSM
Old 01-03-2004, 03:09 AM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

you're talking about the sidecover right? yeah that bolt on the end can come lose and rub the cover. it's been a while since i have been behind that cover but i seem to think the clip you mentioned has something to do with what is loose
Old 01-03-2004, 01:43 PM
RIP Chris Schader

check this out
Attached Thumbnails Tranny prob WTF!?-imag0002.jpg  
Old 01-03-2004, 06:36 PM
Taking the shot

well god damn
Old 01-04-2004, 02:53 AM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally posted by EclipZ
check this out
that's one for the owned pic collection!
Old 01-04-2004, 07:27 PM
Banned

GotB00stPsi is an unknown quantity at this point

holy fuck!
Old 01-05-2004, 03:32 PM
square1motorsports

90 hatch is an unknown quantity at this point

damn dsm. better get a honda. j/j have a nice day. your car does go on vacation alot. more than mine.

Quick Reply: Tranny prob WTF!?