Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

trailing arm problem on 2000 civic si

Old 11-18-2008, 04:31 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts
Default trailing arm problem on 2000 civic si

recently on my si where the lower control arm meets the trailing arm snapped and i couldnt get the bolt out of the control arm so i replaced it along with the trailing arm that i purchased and now i have it all back together and its not lining up right when i put my wheel back on it is rubbing on the spring and the toe is out to the left i tried to adjust it at the tip of the trailling arm but no luck please help
Old 11-18-2008, 06:30 PM
GO GO GODZILLA!

Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto
Default Re: trailing arm problem on 2000 civic si

the rear suspension shouldn't have an adjustment from the factory, did you replace it with new parts? are you sure you got the right parts?
Old 11-18-2008, 06:30 PM
I Love to Hate

B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well

Originally Posted by gi_s00l
the rear suspension shouldn't have an adjustment from the factory, did you replace it with new parts? are you sure you got the right parts?
You're right, it is not adjustable.

Did it snap while the vehicle was in motion? Any parts bent? Everything installed correctly?

I'll stop by if you're close to VB.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:39 PM
Registered Member

00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts

yes it did snap and the control arm fell to the inside of my rim i was told there was an adjustment for alignment as far as i know there is nothing bent
Old 11-21-2008, 06:28 PM
Registered Member

i need some help i was told that the compensator arm can adjust the toe but what can adjust the camber w/o aftermarket parts
Old 11-22-2008, 04:01 PM
Registered Member

92gsrteg has disabled reputation

i work at a tire and alignment shop and i can tell you that there is adjustment for toe in the rear on a 96 -00 civic, and pretty much any other honda for that matter, but there is no adjustment for camber unless you get an aftermarket kit. i just put a kit from ingvalls alignment products on the rear off a 2000 honda civic like a week or two ago.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:25 AM
I Love to Hate

Originally Posted by 92gsrteg
i work at a tire and alignment shop and i can tell you that there is adjustment for toe in the rear on a 96 -00 civic, and pretty much any other honda for that matter, but there is no adjustment for camber unless you get an aftermarket kit. i just put a kit from ingvalls alignment products on the rear off a 2000 honda civic like a week or two ago.
please explain your process for alligning toe

also it's ingalls and to the OP, PLEASE choose another manufacturer than ingalls pos.

and you can allign camber with longer bolts and washers.
start with 4 grade 10.9 (must use at lease grade 8) bolts. 10mm x 1.25. 45mm long and depending on how much camber correction you need you may need to get slightly longer ones. then use 3/8 grade 8 washers (# depends on the amount of correction) 45mm long bolts are safe up to 4 washers per side. oem honda is safe for one washer.

Last edited by B-Well; 11-23-2008 at 10:37 AM.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:53 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by B-Well
please explain your process for alligning toe

also it's ingalls and to the OP, PLEASE choose another manufacturer than ingalls pos.

and you can allign camber with longer bolts and washers.
start with 4 grade 10.9 (must use at lease grade 8) bolts. 10mm x 1.25. 45mm long and depending on how much camber correction you need you may need to get slightly longer ones. then use 3/8 grade 8 washers (# depends on the amount of correction) 45mm long bolts are safe up to 4 washers per side. oem honda is safe for one washer.
first im sorry if i mispelled sumthin i dont use much, and i was in a hurry. as for alignin rear toe, go jack up the back end of your honda and look underneath. where the lower control arm bolts to the underbody of the car there is a cam bolt for adjustment. when i go to work tomorrow i will raise my teg up and take a picture of that bolt just to post it. as for me using ingalls, it wasnt my car or a perfomance car. just a bone stock automatic 4 door 2000 civic and the guy just wanted his camber fixed and that was what we could get the fastest.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:20 PM
I Love to Hate

Originally Posted by 92gsrteg
first im sorry if i mispelled sumthin i dont use much, and i was in a hurry. as for alignin rear toe, go jack up the back end of your honda and look underneath. where the lower control arm bolts to the underbody of the car there is a cam bolt for adjustment. when i go to work tomorrow i will raise my teg up and take a picture of that bolt just to post it. as for me using ingalls, it wasnt my car or a perfomance car. just a bone stock automatic 4 door 2000 civic and the guy just wanted his camber fixed and that was what we could get the fastest.

Spelling correction is a habbit, not hate

>>#17 is a 10x1.25 bolt no cam bolts here. must be an aftermarket unit in your vehicle. there is a reason that complaies manufacture toe adjusting compensator arms<<<

After re-reading I realized what was really said. The LCA to subframe bolts (#19) are DEFINATELY not cam bolts. ther are weld nuts in the back of the subframe for these to thread into. If they were cam bolts you would have to leave the bolts loose to get you desired setting. The bolts are 10x1.25 also. these perticular pieces are 70mm long
Old 11-24-2008, 12:43 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by B-Well

Spelling correction is a habbit, not hate

>>#17 is a 10x1.25 bolt no cam bolts here. must be an aftermarket unit in your vehicle. there is a reason that complaies manufacture toe adjusting compensator arms<<<

After re-reading I realized what was really said. The LCA to subframe bolts (#19) are DEFINATELY not cam bolts. ther are weld nuts in the back of the subframe for these to thread into. If they were cam bolts you would have to leave the bolts loose to get you desired setting. The bolts are 10x1.25 also. these perticular pieces are 70mm long
ok your rite i was wrong, #19 is not a cam bolt. (i work on so many different cars i lose track) neither is #17, however, where number 17 bolts to the frame is slotted to allow for adjustment of toe (refer to attached image) im not trying to be an ass but i do alignments on hondas and acuras at least once a week and i know u can adjust toe on the rear. if thats not enough i can also post pictures of my integra where you can make the adjustments. as for the toe compensation arm labled in the pic, that is a factory unit. There is no adjustment on the arm itself, just where it bolts to the car.
Attached Thumbnails trailing arm problem on 2000 civic si-001.jpg  

Last edited by 92gsrteg; 11-25-2008 at 04:16 AM.

Quick Reply: trailing arm problem on 2000 civic si