Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Trailing Arm Bushings gone! Help!.....

Old 12-15-2008, 07:20 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AdubsGSR has disabled reputation
Default Trailing Arm Bushings gone! Help!.....

My rear trailing arm bushings are shot. I've got new Prothane bushings that I need to get pressed in place of the old ones but can't find anyone who has a damn bushing extractor either for rent or to do it with for me. They cost around $175 to buy but I can't see paying that for a tool I'm probably not going to be using too often.

If anyone knows of a reputable shop that can handle this or a place that will rent me the tool, your help would be greatly appreciated. I'm in N.N. btw.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:36 AM
...pulls trailer!!!

TurboEG8 TurboEG8 TurboEG8 TurboEG8
Default Re: Trailing Arm Bushings gone! Help!.....

i got you hit me up

Old 12-15-2008, 07:53 AM

4door_GSR has disabled reputation

are you refering to the big cicular ones in the rear, if so there not that hard to do fairly easy you dont realy need any special press to get em out hit me up 804 445 5343 located in richmond
Old 12-15-2008, 10:06 AM
Registered Member

Thanks for the help, I'm kinda lookin for some place local and I'm tryin to do it without having to remove the whole trailing arm. I was thinkin about using one of those balljoint presses you can rent at autozone or something. I have access to a shop and a shop press but it's open on odd days and really not trying to remove this thing if at all possible.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:03 AM
Sparkle Motion

jt223539 jt223539 jt223539 jt223539 jt223539 jt223539 jt223539 jt223539 jt223539 jt223539 jt223539

Burn it out. There is a few walkthroughs online bout how to get it out also.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:43 AM
Registered Member

2kSi has a spectacular aura about2kSi has a spectacular aura about2kSi has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by AdubsGSR
My rear trailing arm bushings are shot. I've got new Prothane bushings that I need to get pressed in place of the old ones but can't find anyone who has a damn bushing extractor either for rent or to do it with for me. They cost around $175 to buy but I can't see paying that for a tool I'm probably not going to be using too often.

If anyone knows of a reputable shop that can handle this or a place that will rent me the tool, your help would be greatly appreciated. I'm in N.N. btw.
Is the prothane bushing energy suspension??? should come with instruction. I used a sharp screw driver,hack saw,hammer,razer knife and very long bolt with big ass washer and nut to press in the new one. Also u post to use the old metal shell of the trailing bush...
Old 12-15-2008, 12:08 PM
Sorry. Not really.

BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve

Originally Posted by jt223539
Burn it out. There is a few walkthroughs online bout how to get it out also.
Yup. Torching is the way to go if you don't have access to a press.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:19 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 2kSi
Is the prothane bushing energy suspension??? should come with instruction. I used a sharp screw driver,hack saw,hammer,razer knife and very long bolt with big ass washer and nut to press in the new one. Also u post to use the old metal shell of the trailing bush...
Yep, these are the prothane but there is no need for me to reuse the old metal sleeve because these bushings come with a new one already on them. With that being said, I don't know that torching would be the easiest way for me. I think I'm just gonna bite the bullet and remove the damn trailing arms and get em pressed out. Thanks for all the help.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:50 PM
Registered Member

2kSi has a spectacular aura about2kSi has a spectacular aura about2kSi has a spectacular aura about

pix of the bushing will help alot...energy suspension that use the oem sleeve is very easy to install then the one with new sleeves good luck tho
Old 12-16-2008, 05:31 PM
やくざに成りたい

atmdc has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by AdubsGSR
Yep, these are the prothane but there is no need for me to reuse the old metal sleeve because these bushings come with a new one already on them. With that being said, I don't know that torching would be the easiest way for me. I think I'm just gonna bite the bullet and remove the damn trailing arms and get em pressed out. Thanks for all the help.
You have to use the sleeve if it for a da integra trailing arm because its a larger diameter hole

Quick Reply: Trailing Arm Bushings gone! Help!.....