Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Toyota Sequoia oil pressure issue

Old 03-25-2006, 11:07 AM
Desolation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch
Default Toyota Sequoia oil pressure issue

My mom drives an 02 Sequoia, 4.7L car has about 70k miles on it and has always been complaining about the oil pressure gauge fluctuating for no reason at all.
I know absoluetly squat about these cars, the most I can do is check and see how much oil she has in the car.
A local shop has told her they need to take a look at the oil pump as it might be faulty, I told her I'd see what I can find out before its torn down.
Anything I can check, any factory problems I need to know about?
Thanks.
Old 03-27-2006, 07:35 PM
Registered Member

RoTarY13BT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Toyota Sequoia oil pressure issue

dont take it to that shop...the problem likes in the oil pressure sending unit...the vehicle is out of manufacturers warranty already for that repair because it is 3 years or 36,000 miles. there is a technical service bulliten out for this condition on tundras and seqouias with the v8 (2uz-fe). best thing to do is change it yourself..its pretty easy. buy the sending unit from the dealer and drop your skidplate then it is located right by the oil filter. just unplug it and take a wrench and remove it..install is reverse order of removal. after you replace it start the vehicle and make sure your oil pressure comes up.
Old 03-27-2006, 07:51 PM
<3

elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz
Default Re: Toyota Sequoia oil pressure issue

Originally Posted by RoTarY13BT
dont take it to that shop...the problem likes in the oil pressure sending unit...the vehicle is out of manufacturers warranty already for that repair because it is 3 years or 36,000 miles. there is a technical service bulliten out for this condition on tundras and seqouias with the v8 (2uz-fe). best thing to do is change it yourself..its pretty easy. buy the sending unit from the dealer and drop your skidplate then it is located right by the oil filter. just unplug it and take a wrench and remove it..install is reverse order of removal. after you replace it start the vehicle and make sure your oil pressure comes up.
+1, he knows what he is talking about. He works on Toyotas everyday.