Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Top Mount vs. Ramhorn

Old 02-16-2008, 05:06 PM
TurboPipingSystems

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal
Default Re: Top Mount vs. Ramhorn

A T3 super60 is not even close to the specs of a GT35R. If you want to make some power with with a D-series, go larger than a super60. I'm just saying this because you said that you are not really on a tight budget. If you have plans on strenghtening your motor, then dont put that to waste by getting a tiny T3 super60. I would at least drop a 48-50 trim T3T4 in that set-up.....
Old 02-16-2008, 06:26 PM
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush

Originally Posted by thermal
A T3 super60 is not even close to the specs of a GT35R. If you want to make some power with with a D-series, go larger than a super60. I'm just saying this because you said that you are not really on a tight budget. If you have plans on strenghtening your motor, then dont put that to waste by getting a tiny T3 super60. I would at least drop a 48-50 trim T3T4 in that set-up.....
You're right man. One question...why do people upgrade to like a 40 and up MM wastegate?
Old 02-16-2008, 07:48 PM
TurboPipingSystems

thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal

Because the larger the port, the easier and sooner the "unwanted" exhaust gas is diverted away from the turbine section. That is why you'll see more and more race set-up integrating dual-44mm set-ups..... Larger gates are also less prone to boost spikes in theory since it releases exhaust gas on a larger volume....
Old 02-16-2008, 08:20 PM
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush

Originally Posted by thermal
Because the larger the port, the easier and sooner the "unwanted" exhaust gas is diverted away from the turbine section. That is why you'll see more and more race set-up integrating dual-44mm set-ups..... Larger gates are also less prone to boost spikes in theory since it releases exhaust gas on a larger volume....
That's what I figured, for boost spike reasons and to get exhaust gases out quicker. I just wanted to be sure, I'm still kind of new to the Turbocharged game.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:56 AM
im slow

chirp chirp is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Top Mount vs. Ramhorn

Originally Posted by MustB18
Man call inlinepro there log manifolds hold boost levels and make great power. I myself have a top mount manifold from full-race i won't lie it looks good. I also paid for the look it does help making power with the topmount.
i just went to the inline manifold from the cheap ebay manifold and made 40 hp less on my new tune
Old 03-05-2008, 07:23 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Originally Posted by chirp chirp
i just went to the inline manifold from the cheap ebay manifold and made 40 hp less on my new tune
Did you get it retuned after?

My friend just ditched a ramhorn style setup in favor of InlinePros T4 cast manifold.

They work. I'd like to see what else you changed. Who tuned it before/after?
Old 03-05-2008, 10:28 PM

nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo

best turbo for D-series IMO is the T3/T4 57 trim.

after riding in Landon (Iceman05) D-series civic, it has the best spool time and powerband that ive seen.

i think he put down like 318 on 17 psi? (correct me if im wrong)

he used a CC-FAB mini-ramhorn.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:15 PM
Bowtie Bound?? ;)

Nigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Runnin13s
i have had both a top mount and a full race ramhorn... although they were on different set ups I personally liked the full race ramhorn the best. my top mount was custom made for me and although i made way more power with that set up i feel that the ramhorn had a better power band and and let the exhaust "flow " alot better. and makes a really nice exhaust tone. .. here are the pics/..... from the pics you can tell why alot of people go with top mount... it just looks sick/.

Damn zach..I still miss that Car...
Old 03-06-2008, 03:30 AM
Registered Member

Runnin13s is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by BoostLag
Damn zach..I still miss that Car...
lol me too ... but it was never the same again .. after that 350z night (spun the bearing) pm me let me know how life is going for ya.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:17 PM

D-Rizzle has disabled reputation

go ramhorn with gt30r..seen some good numbers and times from gt30r setups

Quick Reply: Top Mount vs. Ramhorn