Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Tial WG spring vibration?

Old 06-24-2010, 07:35 AM
Zerofucksgiven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello
Default Tial WG spring vibration?

For bout a week now I've had a vibration coming from my engine bay area and its been driving me nuts... I just figured it was something minor loose in my bay... I finally got around to takin a look at it today... I let the engine run to diagnose my prob. and reved it a couple times and I'd wiggle stuff and hold onto stuff and when I touched my waste gate the noise muffled and the vibration was strong... I took the top off to see if somethin was in there and everything looked ok... Is there supposed to be some type of "bushing" or something between the spring and the outter part of the housing to keep it from vibrating like that? Is my wastegate bad or worn out? Can I rebuild it? etc etc etc...

Cliffs:
Wastegate spring is vibrating
Old 06-24-2010, 05:58 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello
Default Re: Tial WG spring vibration?

bump?
Old 06-24-2010, 08:00 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Advice? Anyone? Pls?
Old 06-25-2010, 12:09 AM
Registered Member

92EH3 has disabled reputation

if it runs fine i say deal with it. you can get a new spring see if that helps.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:21 AM
Zerofucksgiven

Originally Posted by 92EH3
if it runs fine i say deal with it. you can get a new spring see if that helps.
I do deal w/ it, but it sounds horrible...
Old 06-25-2010, 07:40 AM
Stiff Member

Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock

View video and see if you have the proper widget installed or if your kripper is worn out and needs repacked

http://www.tialmedia.com/WastegateAssembly.wmv
Old 06-25-2010, 09:33 AM
Zerofucksgiven

So apparently its not the spring vibrating... The wastegate is infact vibrating but after closer inspection there may be a hairline crack on the manifold... My manifold is ebay junk... It come on the car... I think the broken motor mount I replaced last week is what caused the crack... I'm probably gonna have it repaired and order a good manifold soon...
Old 06-25-2010, 09:57 AM
Stiff Member

Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock

Are your mounting hardware tight? Check everything in a 1 foot radius around the w/g

ebay tial fakey ewww
Old 06-25-2010, 11:37 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Originally Posted by Laserjock
Are your mounting hardware tight? Check everything in a 1 foot radius around the w/g

ebay tial fakey ewww
No the wastegate is a legit Tial... The manifold is ebay... Its been reinforced but I think my previously replaced broken motor mount made it crack... Its getting rewelded until I can afford a decent manifold...