Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

thinking about building a lsvtec

Old 11-13-2008, 09:39 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
joebannannas joebannannas joebannannas joebannannas joebannannas joebannannas
Default thinking about building a lsvtec

alright so here goes i have a b18b1 ls motor completly stock in my integra and im thinking about buying a gsr head or a b16 head and making it lsvtec.

which head is better to use?

also what all needs to be done for the convrsion?

is it really worth it or should i just get a gsr swap?

and if anyone on here could do it what would it cost me to have you help me do it? ( i want to learn ) im not asking anyone to hold my hand while i do it im a fast learner and i just wanna give a hand and observe so i can pick some stuff up.

anyfeed back would help thanks to all in advance.

P.S. i live in newport news.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:41 AM
Registered Member

temp2 will become famous soon enoughtemp2 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: thinking about building a lsvtec

just get a gsr swap. theres a reason those engines were made that way, something about rods being incorrect length in a frankenmotor.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:59 AM
Registered Member

jbubsdc5 has disabled reputation

not true go ls vtec ull make more power then a gsr all day and gsr rods r more likely to take a shit I'd personally do a b16 head but that's ur call they both have their advantages and disadvantages ull need a golden eagle kit or something like it a gsr dizzy or just cuz the ear off ur ls then also I'd go shean n do new timing belt and water pump depending if they've been done or not tap ur head ull need either arp headstuds or gsrs r the cheap route there's prolly a few more minor things but that will get u started oh and on the rite tune if u ever decide to do so that ls will love boost slot more so then the gsr just in my opinion and in seeing cars I've worked on or buddies cars
Old 11-14-2008, 02:33 AM
Its Lightish Red

JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab

fuck that shit, put a jet engine in it
Old 11-14-2008, 05:15 AM
NOt rep'n the g1teg

popwars123 has a reputation beyond reputepopwars123 has a reputation beyond reputepopwars123 has a reputation beyond reputepopwars123 has a reputation beyond reputepopwars123 has a reputation beyond reputepopwars123 has a reputation beyond reputepopwars123 has a reputation beyond reputepopwars123 has a reputation beyond reputepopwars123 has a reputation beyond reputepopwars123 has a reputation beyond reputepopwars123 has a reputation beyond repute

got an ls-vtec motor i built that you can buy..made 175whp with stock cams, pm me
Old 11-14-2008, 06:08 AM
Registered Member

klownh8er is on a distinguished road

just go with a k20 like everyone else ... but use a b16 head if you're going lsvtec
Old 11-14-2008, 01:44 PM
Banned

thanks for the feed back guys, i would go k20 if i could afford it, im on a budget and i just want some vtec lol . what are the adantages of the two different heads?
Old 11-14-2008, 03:30 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by jbubsdc5
Not true, go LS VTEC. You'll make more power then a GSR all day, and GSR rods are more likely to take a shit. I'd personally do a B16 head but that's your call, they both have their advantages and disadvantages. You'll need a Golden Eagle kit or something like it, a GSR distributor (or just cut the ear off your LS), then also I'd go shean (no idea WTF that means) and do new timing belt and water pump depending if they've been done or not. Also you'll need to tap your head. You'll need either ARP head studs or GSRs (they're the cheap route). There's probably a few more minor things but that will get you started. Oh and on the right tune. If you ever decide to do so, that LS will love boost a lot more so then the GSR. That's just my opinion and seeing cars I've worked on or buddies cars.
There. Now it's almost readable. It took less time to clean up than it did to read. You almost knew how to use apostrophes, that's a start. Now for the other basic forms of punctuation.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 11-14-2008 at 03:36 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
There. Now it's almost readable. It took less time to clean up than it did to read. You almost knew how to use apostrophes, that's a start. Now for the other basic forms of punctuation.
lol, thanks to the english major, i was finally able to understand some of that. thank you for translating drag language to english. lol
Old 11-14-2008, 06:06 PM
Registered Member

1rude2l has disabled reputation

B16 head flows a tad bit more, but not enough for you to notice the difference. Gsr head will give you .2 higher compression because of the quench pads. More manifold are made for the b16 head. Everything else basically the same.

Quick Reply: thinking about building a lsvtec