Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Tech / Finishin upgrade path Questions?

Old 01-09-2005, 02:48 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BlackSRT4 BlackSRT4 BlackSRT4 BlackSRT4 BlackSRT4 BlackSRT4
Default Tech / Finishin upgrade path Questions?

Kit finally goes in a few days from now(im stoked), i need a O2housing/ discharge tube fabed at the closest exhaust shop, can i drive the car 2.9 miles without melting anything inside the engine bay?(remember turbo is at the back of the motor) or tow it down there

Next, should 2.5' exhaust be sufficient for 400whp or go with 3'?
750 or 870cc injectors?( static 58psi pressure)
Nitrous or Water injection?
The new turbo on the 2.4L reaches full spool by 2900rpms, do i need the spray or lag is not going to be noticeable?

I will be having some fun with my income tax check friday, i need 4 more things to run 450+whp by the time the tracks open up anyone have good or bad experiences with millenium and their tuning? Thanks fellas.
Old 01-09-2005, 03:56 PM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike
Default Re: Tech / Finishin upgrade path Questions?

i would definitely go 3" exhaust. as far as the dump tube and worrying about burning up the motor from the discharge, just dont hit boost in those 3 miles. you are really only going to shoot hot ass air/flames out of the thing in boost. as far as injectors go, i've been told by some of the better tuners to err on the bigger side and turn the pulse down.

and which turbo are you running? full boost by 3k would be fucking nice for a big t3/t4, you wouldnt even notice it much if thats the case.
Old 01-10-2005, 03:23 AM
Registered Member

T3/T4 hybird, stg4 wheel 57trim/ 50ar
Old 01-10-2005, 12:42 PM
Registered Member

StreetRacer69 has disabled reputation

-You can drive it w/o o2 but take it easy and try to not build to much boost, i drove my DSM about 12 miles
-3" is needed for optimal power, past about 280-300WHP 3" is highly recommended
-Get 850cc, you will want to upgrade the turbo again later as most boost heads and that way you wont have to upgrade the fuel system again. You can always lean it out as much as you need with a good fuel management system
-If you are really reaching full boost by 2900rpm's then N20 is not needed, but I don't understand how its building that fast with a 57 trim unless by full boost you mean something like .5 bar? Supras with 57 trims don't build full boost till about 3100-3400RPMs and they have an extra 600cc's on your engine along with two extra pistons. But if your looking at making big numbers on the streets look into alcohol injection, that's what I was running on my old GN and was pulling of better numbers that most people on race gas with the same turbo's.
Old 01-10-2005, 01:54 PM
still alive

gpeele gpeele gpeele gpeele gpeele gpeele

for a street driven car i would say water injection, it would be better in the long run.
Old 01-12-2005, 03:23 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by StreetRacer69
-You can drive it w/o o2 but take it easy and try to not build to much boost, i drove my DSM about 12 miles
-3" is needed for optimal power, past about 280-300WHP 3" is highly recommended
-Get 850cc, you will want to upgrade the turbo again later as most boost heads and that way you wont have to upgrade the fuel system again. You can always lean it out as much as you need with a good fuel management system
-If you are really reaching full boost by 2900rpm's then N20 is not needed, but I don't understand how its building that fast with a 57 trim unless by full boost you mean something like .5 bar? Supras with 57 trims don't build full boost till about 3100-3400RPMs and they have an extra 600cc's on your engine along with two extra pistons. But if your looking at making big numbers on the streets look into alcohol injection, that's what I was running on my old GN and was pulling of better numbers that most people on race gas with the same turbo's.
Normally supra's dont use small t3/t4's, they like to use t66 / t67 and other rediculously big turbo like GT40's. The SRT is a torquey motor, stock turbo is full spooled by 1800-1900 rpm(yes its small) so a t3.t4 fully spooled by almost 3k rpm on our 2.4L isnt abnormal. Their are a few guys running GT series turbo's on the forums and they usually reach full boost almost by 4k rpms <--- thats too long for me, i just want something that will keep pulling up top.
Old 01-14-2005, 05:02 AM

1.8T3t04e is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BlackSRT4
Normally supra's dont use small t3/t4's, they like to use t66 / t67 and other rediculously big turbo like GT40's. The SRT is a torquey motor, stock turbo is full spooled by 1800-1900 rpm(yes its small) so a t3.t4 fully spooled by almost 3k rpm on our 2.4L isnt abnormal. Their are a few guys running GT series turbo's on the forums and they usually reach full boost almost by 4k rpms <--- thats too long for me, i just want something that will keep pulling up top.
first of all.. the GT series turbo's are ballbearing...
the 57trim is a funky compressor and that stage 4 turbine wheel?
who is the turbo manufacturer?
innovative?
they are the only ones to my knowledge that put a stage 4 lable on a turbine wheel that is actually a shitty ass modified o-trim stuffed in a .63a/r turbine housing...

if your running a t3t4 57trim with the ITS stage 4 turbine then expect 1bar at 3800 based on 2.4L of displacement.
but whats the point of only running 1bar?
i would hope your looking to run 19-21psi on pump fuel.
and at those boost levels expect to see it around 4k-4200.

this is just my mathmatics speaking here so i could be wrong.

cant wait to see the numbers on this thing.

not to mention the stock turbo SRT we were playing with was making its 14psi at 3k. and this thing was completely bone stock...
so 1900rpm is way out of the realm.

Last edited by 1.8T3t04e; 01-14-2005 at 05:04 AM.
Old 01-14-2005, 03:50 PM
Registered Member

their is no way a stock turbo spools until 3k.... well im not stock anymore but im pretty sure that a second gear punch in my car before i had instant boost. now, if you punch it in 4th or 5 gear then 14psi might be achieved by 3k.
Old 01-14-2005, 06:46 PM
Registered Member

StreetRacer69 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by BlackSRT4
Yes there are a few t3/t4 57 trim kits out there for a supra and yes they do reach full boot between 3100-3400RPMs, look on supraforums.com, there are dyno graphs of many. The supra that run these turbo's are not the dyno or drag queen's, these are the track built supra's. And the I-6 2JZGTE isn't torquey
Old 01-15-2005, 09:19 AM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 1.8T3t04e
first of all.. the GT series turbo's are ballbearing...
no they aren't

GT series is just another set of parts that's a bit newer than the old school stuff.. you can put a ball bearing center section on any of them, just GTs are the setups you hear about people doing it with most

Quick Reply: Tech / Finishin upgrade path Questions?