Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Tanny question

Old 01-22-2003, 03:03 PM
I drive a TRUCK!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EGtuner757 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tanny question

I was just wondering if a Hydro tranny will bolt right up to a motor that used to have a cable motor. If so what has to be done to the tranny to make it bolt on to it? Thanks in advance to anyone that helps me out.
Old 01-22-2003, 05:15 PM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

yes they will bolt up no problem as long as you stay within the same motor families. ie...the d series trannies bolt up to each other. the b series trannies bolt up to each other , ect ect. get my drift? so no it does not matter if they are cable or hydraulic!
Old 01-23-2003, 10:40 AM
Registered Member

accuracy1 accuracy1 accuracy1 accuracy1 accuracy1 accuracy1 accuracy1 accuracy1 accuracy1 accuracy1 accuracy1

THE CLUTCH IS DIFFERENT UNLESS IT IS A 92-3 LS TRANNY
Old 01-23-2003, 12:44 PM
I drive a TRUCK!

i want to bolt a 95 gsr tranny on to the motor and i was old by a technician that it would work
Old 01-23-2003, 12:46 PM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

What type of motor are you talking about? What type of car will this be going into as well?
Old 01-23-2003, 01:02 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

if the car wasnt originally equipped with a hydraulic clutch setup(for example), lets say you wanted to put that tranny into a 92 integra, then no, it wont work(unless you did a lot of work and converted it), but if its going into lets say a 94 and up integra, then you can put a non hydro motor up to a hydro tranny and it will be alright.....
Old 01-23-2003, 02:37 PM
I drive a TRUCK!

The motor is a 91 ls motor but it is going to be put into a 92 hatchback which is already equipped with a hydo tranny. So in this case it should work correct? Thanks for the help
Old 01-23-2003, 09:02 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

yes, that will work my frined, as long as the car came equipped with hyrdraulic clutch lines, witch the the 92 hatches did, then your fine brother..........
Old 01-24-2003, 04:30 AM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

Originally posted by MORE IMPATIENT
yes, that will work my frined, as long as the car came equipped with hyrdraulic clutch lines, witch the the 92 hatches did, then your fine brother..........
....as long as the tranny is off of a b series engine that is!
Old 01-24-2003, 08:03 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

Originally posted by CHAHONDA
....as long as the tranny is off of a b series engine that is!
well he said he had a 95 gsr tranny, so im taking it he understood that part, but bro, im not to keen on the fact that you want to put a gsr tranny on a ls motor.....????.......