Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Tanabe or Tein Suspension System

Old 05-09-2003, 11:42 PM
dRive haRd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iceman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tanabe or Tein Suspension System

The Tanabe pro s-oc System cost $800
And the Tein Basic Coilover system cost $ 750
What should I go with?

Now with these expensive suspention system, does that mean it also replaces my stock shocks. And does that mean I can take hard turns easy?
Old 05-10-2003, 09:49 AM
It has 4 Doors...

Whtehnda93DXSdn is an unknown quantity at this point

from the loks of the prices those are the full system so they would include the shocks/struts. you would be able to adjust them and get your setting so you can make hard turns seem really easy.

As for which to go with I would suggest the tein set up but that's just my $.02 They are very reputible and have tested and track tested there products time and time again....also you can find a few articles on them in SCC and SS. Good luck on your choice..
Old 05-10-2003, 11:43 AM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

Sorry, to sound like a dick here, but if you don't even know what they are you shouldn't be buying them. Read up on parts to get a general idea of what they are and do before you decide to buy them.

And to answer your question, yes the shock is replaced in these systems. Actually, the shock body is a threaded design so that you can raise or lower the vehicle, via locking perches, at each corner to properly distribute the cars weight and to lower the center of gravity of the car to produce a more stable vehicle in turns and strait line acceleration.
Old 05-10-2003, 04:34 PM
eng
Administrator

eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng

Both of those are the very lowest coilover combos offered by those companies ... don't expect to be the next road racing champ on them

Now if all you want is some basic adjustability then both of those are fine and offered the added benefit of having a shock and spring made for each other. As opposed to getting springs from company X and shocks from company Y.
Old 05-10-2003, 09:52 PM
dRive haRd

Just want to get good quality suspension to make hard turnd when in hurry for a date, for the comfort of the ride, and for the show style look.
Old 05-11-2003, 05:52 AM
aznRay...

yeer is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

well it depends what u look for in a suspension. get the one that best fits your application of use.

i got the apexi ws coils for 650 and they ride great, since i dont go to the track often and i dont do autox or road racing.
Old 05-11-2003, 05:56 AM

Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma

well i'm going will the tein suspension for my crx in combination with strut bars and anti-roll bars, makes your car stiff as hell and corners like a beast. also when lowering your car, get the camber kit for the front if you have fwd or your tires will get horrible uneven wear. just my $.02
Old 05-11-2003, 06:12 AM
Banned

Boosted2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

get koni full suspension coilover system... hehe
Old 05-11-2003, 09:34 PM
dRive haRd

Koni?? Naw i'll just go with the Tein for the Integra. Heres my set up plan. Basic tein coilover system, DC sports Strut bar front & back, Skunk2 anti roll bar & camber kit. Good setup or no?
Old 05-12-2003, 10:23 AM
Non-Driving Fuck

HondaAdict is an unknown quantity at this point

Tein=

Quick Reply: Tanabe or Tein Suspension System