Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Tachometer trouble...

Old 01-07-2006, 07:34 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JoesHB has disabled reputation
Default Tachometer trouble...

I have an Autometer 5" tachometer with shiftlite, and the face lighting just recently stopped working. The tach still works, just not the light to illuminate the face of the gauge. I'm guessing there's a problem with the grounding of the wire to the fuse box where the lighting is, but i know nothing about wiring. Any suggestions on what to check would be appreciated. Thanks, Joe.
Old 01-07-2006, 10:21 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: Tachometer trouble...

There is a little light bulb inside. It might have died. This is a good opportunityto get a smaller tach. Or just replace the light bulb and entertain everyone that sees your car at night.
Old 01-08-2006, 07:35 AM
Registered Member

haha. I've regreted it since about a week after i bought it. Any idea where i can buy the lightbulb?
Old 01-08-2006, 07:44 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

There is usually a little round quarter turn access thing on the back, look for that.. The bulb should be somewhere inside that, I'm not sure if you can find them at a parts store but RadioShack might carry them.
Old 01-08-2006, 08:56 AM
Simple Bolt Ons

C MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these parts

the bulb is on the face near the recall/shift light setting knob. you'll see a small 1/4" piece that if you turn counter clock-wise it will come out. and you can pick a new bulb at advance.
Old 01-08-2006, 09:00 AM
Registered member

Randy@FMS is on a distinguished road

my tach did the same thing... all i did was hit it really hard and it work'd again
Old 01-20-2006, 11:17 AM
The Rev

Turbo_Dreams

I think its an auto meter thing, i had to do the same. But i bought a new bulb too bad i didnt try hitting ti first...
Old 01-20-2006, 11:45 AM
GAME OVER

10till4Z has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by JoesHB
I have an Autometer 5" tachometer with shiftlite, and the face lighting just recently stopped working. The tach still works, just not the light to illuminate the face of the gauge. I'm guessing there's a problem with the grounding of the wire to the fuse box where the lighting is, but i know nothing about wiring. Any suggestions on what to check would be appreciated. Thanks, Joe.

get em' joe
Old 01-20-2006, 01:54 PM
Droppin E-Thugs!!!!!

reddevil94 reddevil94 reddevil94 reddevil94 reddevil94 reddevil94 reddevil94 reddevil94 reddevil94 reddevil94 reddevil94

performance unlimited has them......in norfolk......
Old 01-21-2006, 03:06 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by LS-T EH3
my tach did the same thing... all i did was hit it really hard and it work'd again
I hit it, it worked until I stopped and then started my car again. Then I tried to hit it again, harder and harder and it still didn't come back on. I'm not convinced that the lightbulb is out so I'm not gonna go buy another one, but any other ideas on what could get the fucking light to work?

Quick Reply: Tachometer trouble...