Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

suspension question for a DSM

Old 02-14-2004, 08:34 PM
where ma ribbons at?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
edtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these parts
Default suspension question for a DSM

im trying to get a the "right" set of shocks and prings without the bouncy ride, amore of the firm glide feel, like the GSR's suspening, around that area ....any suggestions!?!?
Old 02-15-2004, 08:33 AM
Registered Member

turbotalon95 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: suspension question for a DSM

Originally Posted by edtek
im trying to get a the "right" set of shocks and prings without the bouncy ride, amore of the firm glide feel, like the GSR's suspening, around that area ....any suggestions!?!?
Any decent spring/strut combination will work fine. For simplicity just go out and get the tokico spring/strut combo. If you want nice looks and a good ride get the tokico hp and if you want nice looks and an adjustable ride get the tokico illuminas. both will be stiffer than stock, just the illuminas are adjustable so you can dial in the exact settings that you want. I say all this assuming you have a 2g and that you arent an autox nazi. If you have a 1g I would just suggest some eibach springs and kyb agx struts.

ps. you are gonna need a camber kit and an alignment immediately after you drop your car. Or you can say goodbye to the tires that you have.
Old 02-15-2004, 07:50 PM
where ma ribbons at?

edtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these parts

thanks for the info imma do that after i lower my car !
Old 02-17-2004, 06:16 PM
No Name Who?

Ninety7GSX has disabled reputation

is your car awd or fwd?

If AWD I have a cheaper option for you. It will lower it about an inch and you will keep your stock springs, so the ride will stay the same. PM me if yours is AWD and you are interested.
Old 04-29-2004, 06:07 AM

gsxtcy has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Ninety7GSX
is your car awd or fwd?

If AWD I have a cheaper option for you. It will lower it about an inch and you will keep your stock springs, so the ride will stay the same. PM me if yours is AWD and you are interested.

how could i lower it an inch??
i have a gsx hit me up
Old 04-29-2004, 07:09 AM
Back for more

GodsOther is an unknown quantity at this point

probably change out the shocks and heat sag the springs, IMO BAD idea, spend the money on good suspension otherwise you will be hating life.
Old 04-29-2004, 07:10 AM
Registered Member

fish3rboi has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by GodsOther
probably change out the shocks and heat sag the springs, IMO BAD idea, spend the money on good suspension otherwise you will be hating life.
Nope, that would not be what pat is talking about..
Old 04-29-2004, 05:23 PM
INCONCEIVABLE!

MeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to all

pats a ricer and takes hacksaws to his springs
Old 04-29-2004, 07:51 PM
No Name Who?

Ninety7GSX has disabled reputation

Yeah man hacksaws and blow torches.

I guess its not a big deal. I used galant shocks, or any non turbo shock at that with our stock springs. It will lower the car ~an inch due to the shock body being shorter and the spring rate doesn't change.

I have since put my adjustables back on but the ride was so much nicer on the n/a shocks.

Last edited by Ninety7GSX; 04-29-2004 at 07:54 PM.
Old 05-04-2004, 02:34 PM
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Ninety7GSX
Yeah man hacksaws and blow torches.

I guess its not a big deal. I used galant shocks, or any non turbo shock at that with our stock springs. It will lower the car ~an inch due to the shock body being shorter and the spring rate doesn't change.

I have since put my adjustables back on but the ride was so much nicer on the n/a shocks.
fwd struts will fit on an awd?

Quick Reply: suspension question for a DSM