Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

suggestions of pistons should i buy

Old 07-01-2007, 06:37 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SlOw_ReAcTiOn SlOw_ReAcTiOn SlOw_ReAcTiOn SlOw_ReAcTiOn SlOw_ReAcTiOn SlOw_ReAcTiOn SlOw_ReAcTiOn SlOw_ReAcTiOn SlOw_ReAcTiOn SlOw_ReAcTiOn SlOw_ReAcTiOn
Default suggestions of pistons should i buy

Wuts up guys, i own a civic eg hatch with a swapped in b16a2, and about a week ago i spun a rod bearing out at langley speedway (Wacky Wed.), and im looking for suggestions on wut would be a decent set of internals to buy for my motor. the crankshat is still in good condition so i only need connecting rods and pistons. hit me up if you got some pointers
Old 07-01-2007, 07:01 PM
VTEC

diggity dave is on a distinguished road
Default Re: suggestions of pistons should i buy

u want all motor im guessing?
cheap way another set of b16 rods with some oem replacement type r pistons
better way eagle rods with somethin like 12.5:1 wiseco pistons
i would do somthing to the head while your at it like cams valve springs valves ect
Old 07-01-2007, 07:07 PM
Registered member

SlOw_ReAcTiOn SlOw_ReAcTiOn SlOw_ReAcTiOn SlOw_ReAcTiOn SlOw_ReAcTiOn SlOw_ReAcTiOn SlOw_ReAcTiOn SlOw_ReAcTiOn SlOw_ReAcTiOn SlOw_ReAcTiOn SlOw_ReAcTiOn

yeah ive been told to do something with the cams and vavles since the head is already off and stuff but im not tryin to spend like a grand on just one part right now
Old 07-01-2007, 07:21 PM
VTEC

diggity dave is on a distinguished road

ive built a few motors and the bigggggggggest thing ive learned is to do it right the first time buy what u want and do while ur in there jus my .02
Old 07-01-2007, 07:51 PM
Registered member

true true.
Quick question though, is it possible for me to knock in/out the piston pin so i can put another piston on the connecting rod or do i have to take it somewhere to get them put together? (since every set i look at they all seem to come seperate)
Old 07-01-2007, 07:59 PM
elite member

freq is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SlOw_ReAcTiOn
true true.
Quick question though, is it possible for me to knock in/out the piston pin so i can put another piston on the connecting rod or do i have to take it somewhere to get them put together? (since every set i look at they all seem to come seperate)
you can pull the wrist pins out yerself.. take the c clips out of either side of the actual wrist pin itself and it'll push out then reverse process to install.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:55 PM
Registered Member

69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette

Originally Posted by freq
you can pull the wrist pins out yerself.. take the c clips out of either side of the actual wrist pin itself and it'll push out then reverse process to install.
Stock pistons used press pins, not c clips or spiral locks. If you get aftermarket pistons/rods then you can put them together yourself. Most all aftermarket pistons are not made with press fit pins anymore.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:57 PM
Registered member

thats what i wanna hear thnx
Old 07-03-2007, 08:02 AM
elite member

freq is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 69vette
Stock pistons used press pins, not c clips or spiral locks. If you get aftermarket pistons/rods then you can put them together yourself. Most all aftermarket pistons are not made with press fit pins anymore.
i was referring to aftermarktet parts
Old 07-03-2007, 05:18 PM
Registered Member

69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette

Originally Posted by freq
i was referring to aftermarktet parts
Well you had me confused since you were telling him how to remove wrist pins when he does not have aftermarket pistons. I was just clarifying it for him

Quick Reply: suggestions of pistons should i buy