Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

subwoofer amp problem

Old 06-30-2011, 05:44 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold
Angry subwoofer amp problem

i have a 500watt soundsteam tarantualla amp and i had it hooked up in my car for about 3 weeks, it sounded nice but then later after it played for them about 3 weeks it started shutting off after a while when it was playing, but since then the protection light came on and wont shut off i checked all the fuses they are all good i took out the circut board and everything is still good and all the stock di-electric grease is still there and good i have no clue what could be causing it to not play and for it to keep the protection light on, i just bout the amp 3 weeks ago from when i put it in, but if you have any idea of what it could be please let me know
Old 06-30-2011, 05:46 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous
Default Re: subwoofer amp problem

Originally Posted by 2_slow_2_go
i have a 500watt soundsteam tarantualla amp and i had it hooked up in my car for about 3 weeks, it sounded nice but then later after it played for them about 3 weeks it started shutting off after a while when it was playing, but since then the protection light came on and wont shut off i checked all the fuses they are all good i took out the circut board and everything is still good and all the stock di-electric grease is still there and good i have no clue what could be causing it to not play and for it to keep the protection light on, i just bout the amp 3 weeks ago from when i put it in, but if you have any idea of what it could be please let me know
Yea, it's getting hot.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:54 AM
Registered Member

Hardliner has disabled reputation

If it works with the speakers disconnected, they are blown. Otherwise, the amp is toast.

Last edited by Hardliner; 06-30-2011 at 06:07 AM.
Old 07-02-2011, 07:48 AM
I <3 MY EG

JustaGSR18 has disabled reputation

wait so you took the board out.. and know everything is good by looking at it?? you can's always visably see a defect in a diode/resistor/capacitor. like hardliner said, disconnect the subs then turn the amp on off on and see if it goes into protection. If it does not go into protection then there is an issue with the subs or the wiring of the subs. If the protection light comes on with no subs connected to it then the amp is done.
Old 07-02-2011, 11:04 AM
Registered Member

2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold

i was told if the lines on the board werent broke or cracked etc. there is something else wrong with it but ima say fuck it and just throw it out tired of seeing it lol