Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Stripped lug nuts wont come off.

Old 05-15-2003, 09:12 AM
INCONCEIVABLE!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to all
Default Stripped lug nuts wont come off.

Stupid cheap ass lug nuts rusted out and stripped and now i have a flat tire stuck on my car that wont come off.

Any ideas as to how to get them off, ive been spraying them with wd40 to help but nothin has so far. Id like to drive my damn car so lets get the ideas flowin here quick
Old 05-15-2003, 09:26 AM
big ass SAMURAI

tippyzuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey just go to sears or somewhere and buy a easy off or easy out socket that is just smaller than the lug nut and then you have to hammer it on and then use a breaker bar or a big ratchet to take it off. Worse case cenario cut it off and replace the stud. You might also try taking a cheap socket and hammering that on if you are low on cash.
Old 05-15-2003, 09:39 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

get one of those disposable blow torches with the litllt tank on it, heat that bitch up and break it off, replae it later on......
Old 05-15-2003, 09:47 AM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

i got that big ass drill bit.
Old 05-15-2003, 09:51 AM

wallyworld34 is an unknown quantity at this point

first are they tuner lugs?? if so then just go to like autozone and buy a i think its hex, torque something it looks like a key for your rims but its bigger then you just shove it in there and hook up your breaker bar and it will come right off..i had the same problem andi was going to cu it off or break the stud then i just bought that piece at autozone you 'll know what it is looks like your key only bigger and fits on a breaker bar and that will get it off no sweat...
Old 05-15-2003, 10:06 AM
INCONCEIVABLE!

MeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to all

i like wally worlds idea, ima try and get a bigger one, not tryin to use a blow tourch and fuck the rims up
Old 05-15-2003, 01:06 PM
INCONCEIVABLE!

well that didnt work, no one sells my type of key, which is now stripped too, tried a 1/2 drive and a sledge hammer, that went in but then that also stripped, they are nice little circles now
Old 05-15-2003, 01:09 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

torch it motherfucker...........or drill that bitch and replace the stud afterwards........
Old 05-15-2003, 04:49 PM
i like prom.

urvtecs2slo has disabled reputation

try that socket that is supposed to fit every bolt. it might work for your lugs.
Old 05-16-2003, 09:01 PM
Banned

Ol_Skool_Ls is an unknown quantity at this point

yea socket works, THE GATOR GRIP is the problem solver, and also you can just break the lug off with a cro-bar