Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Stock wideband

Old 06-13-2007, 01:00 PM
Turbo VTEC-E

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
black6gen can only hope to improve
Cool Stock wideband

Ok i have a stock wideband O2 sensor that came off of my 2000 HX civic just lying around. Is there a way i would be able to wire it up to a gauge and use it.

Or would it share the same plug with any wideband gauges?

Last edited by black6gen; 06-13-2007 at 01:04 PM.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:02 PM
Boosted F2B

99EJ6T is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Stock wideband

thought all honda were narrow band?
Old 06-13-2007, 01:03 PM
Turbo VTEC-E

Originally Posted by ps90lsturbo
thought all honda were narrow band?
All except for the HX.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:32 PM
Doing work mofo

Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down

I have heard through the grape vine that it is possible to make it work. I never tried it before but As long your O2 sensor is a 4 wire then it will work. Dont quote me on this. Just hear say .

Sorry not much help.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:37 PM
Turbo VTEC-E

Cool Re: Stock wideband

Originally Posted by fastazzf22
I have heard through the grape vine that it is possible to make it work. I never tried it before but As long your O2 sensor is a 4 wire then it will work. Dont quote me on this. Just hear say .

Sorry not much help.
Don't u mean 5 wire? 4 wires are narrowband sensors and oly put out eignals between 0 and 1 volts. As where widebands are 5 wire and put out signals between 0 and 5 volts.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:54 PM
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue

You would need to build some kind of controller to convert its voltage output into a lambda reading. I'm pretty sure none of the controllers on the market right now support using that sensor either. Most of the wideband setups you will buy such as the lm1 or plx setups will come with the standard bosch sensor which can be found at the volkswagen dealership. You can purchase the sensors online for around $70-80. The controller itself is whats expensive.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:59 PM
Turbo VTEC-E

Originally Posted by sohc_mshue
You would need to build some kind of controller to convert its voltage output into a lambda reading. I'm pretty sure none of the controllers on the market right now support using that sensor either. Most of the wideband setups you will buy such as the lm1 or plx setups will come with the standard bosch sensor which can be found at the volkswagen dealership. You can purchase the sensors online for around $70-80. The controller itself is whats expensive.
There aren't any gauges that would just plug up to the sensor its self so i can just monitor it? I don't know maybe i am missunderstanding the term "controller".

Also the O2 that i have is a bosh 5 wire.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:33 PM
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue

Originally Posted by black6gen
There aren't any gauges that would just plug up to the sensor its self so i can just monitor it? I don't know maybe i am missunderstanding the term "controller".

Also the O2 that i have is a bosh 5 wire.
Hmmm if it is a bosch unit then maybe its the same sensor that everbody is using. When i say controller I am talking about something to interpret the voltage signals from the sensor that will output a lambda reading.

Look into getting something like this http://www.plxdevices.com/products/dm5/afrsmcombo/
Old 06-13-2007, 02:38 PM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF

Why on earth did Honda throw a wideband on any Civic in the first place I wonder?
Old 06-13-2007, 03:19 PM
Turbo VTEC-E

Originally Posted by sohc_mshue
Hmmm if it is a bosch unit then maybe its the same sensor that everbody is using. When i say controller I am talking about something to interpret the voltage signals from the sensor that will output a lambda reading.

Look into getting something like this http://www.plxdevices.com/products/dm5/afrsmcombo/
Ok well that makes sense. I was under the impression that as long as you had a 5 wire wideband O2 you could simply hook it up to a wideband specific gauge that interpreted the 0-5 volts by its self.

Quick Reply: Stock wideband