Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

steering/suspension help da integra

Old 01-08-2011, 09:44 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DumpedDA has disabled reputation
Default steering/suspension help da integra

i lowered 90 da integra on coilovers. ive been driving for about 2 weeks now with no major problems. now its hard to turn mainly at lower speeds less than 25 and the wheel seems loose, it has alot of play in it before it actual turns the wheels. its mainly hard to turn to the right. any help.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:55 AM
Go cry to momma

Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness
Default Re: steering/suspension help da integra

Originally Posted by gotchevyluv?
i lowered 90 da integra on coilovers. ive been driving for about 2 weeks now with no major problems. now its hard to turn mainly at lower speeds less than 25 and the wheel seems loose, it has alot of play in it before it actual turns the wheels. its mainly hard to turn to the right. any help.
Manual or Power steering? If power, check your fluid level?? Have you gotten underneath the car or just decided to make this thread first?
Old 01-08-2011, 11:09 AM
its just a website

couped couped couped couped couped couped couped couped couped couped couped

is the right set higher than the left..?
Old 01-08-2011, 02:24 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

This is normal. You've changed the suspension and steering geometry by lowering it, and those changes in geometry change the steering effort and self-centering effects. Have you noticed more bumpsteer also?
Old 01-08-2011, 03:16 PM
БЛЯДЬ!

HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG

This happens to me. I get what it feels like "wheel hop" while taking left hand turns. My car is pretty low too. However, I could use new shocks in the front.
I currently have ground controls with KYB's which I hate. Throwing some Koni yellows pretty soon.

Check your struts first too.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:45 PM
Registered Member

it has power steering but feels like it dosent work very hard to turn the wheel even before i lowered the car. the fluid level is fine. it is lowered on stock shocks so the right could be blown now and sitting lower. and no i haven got the chance to get under the car yet. i have ground controls and was thinking about geting kyb agx's. is this combo no good????
Old 01-08-2011, 03:49 PM
БЛЯДЬ!

HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG

Your shocks are prob done. You need shorter aftermarket shocks with coilovers. Otherwise the stock ones are going to blow. KYB's are not bad but I prefer Koni yellows with ground controls over KYB's.

As far as power steering goes, you need to start checking all the components and look for signs of damage or something. Start there first. How's the belt on the P/S pump?
Old 01-08-2011, 06:13 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by ProPixel
This happens to me. I get what it feels like "wheel hop" while taking left hand turns.
That's because you're sitting on that side of the car. When you lower too much, the control arms go below vertical and all kinds of funny things happen like increased body roll. That makes it really easy to sit on the bumpstops on the outside side of the car during a turn, so the inside side of the car is the only side with any suspension travel left. If that's the side you're sitting on, you get more weight transfer which is what makes that wheel hop feeling. There's also some jacking too, which means that the suspension compresses and doesn't rebound back up until you stop turning.

Basically it's a bad thing. And before someone says "but my Honda is only lowered 2.5 inches, it's not that much...", that's a huge amount as far as suspension geometry is concerned.

And yes, blown struts will make it worse. But it's still fundamentally caused by totally fucking up your suspension geometry. If you don't want that, don't lower your car that much..

Last edited by Fabrik8; 01-08-2011 at 06:15 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:19 AM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
That's because you're sitting on that side of the car. When you lower too much, the control arms go below vertical and all kinds of funny things happen like increased body roll. That makes it really easy to sit on the bumpstops on the outside side of the car during a turn, so the inside side of the car is the only side with any suspension travel left. If that's the side you're sitting on, you get more weight transfer which is what makes that wheel hop feeling. There's also some jacking too, which means that the suspension compresses and doesn't rebound back up until you stop turning.

Basically it's a bad thing. And before someone says "but my Honda is only lowered 2.5 inches, it's not that much...", that's a huge amount as far as suspension geometry is concerned.

And yes, blown struts will make it worse. But it's still fundamentally caused by totally fucking up your suspension geometry. If you don't want that, don't lower your car that much..
Buy yo dawg, it looks fresh and rides hard. . .
Old 01-15-2011, 12:05 PM
Registered Member

im still having problems. when i turn the steering wheel when stopped it just spins. sounds like something is stripped. but it will start turning once i start rolling.

Quick Reply: steering/suspension help da integra