Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Stalling/Sputtering problem

Old 10-28-2006, 04:43 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slipknot has a reputation beyond reputeslipknot has a reputation beyond reputeslipknot has a reputation beyond reputeslipknot has a reputation beyond reputeslipknot has a reputation beyond reputeslipknot has a reputation beyond reputeslipknot has a reputation beyond reputeslipknot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Stalling/Sputtering problem

I drive a 92 240 and it seems to have a problem...but only when it rains.When it rains the car will start to sputter out real hard to where the car will be jerking.If it doesnt stall out the car wont rev past 3k.Im guessing water is getting into something but no idea what or where.Any help is much appreciated.
Old 10-28-2006, 06:45 AM
Registered Member

Ross is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Stalling/Sputtering problem

check for a bad distributor cap or wires. When there is a high amount of humidity such as when it rains the wires or cap can have a crossfire situation.
Old 10-28-2006, 07:48 AM
Registered Member

slipknot has a reputation beyond reputeslipknot has a reputation beyond reputeslipknot has a reputation beyond reputeslipknot has a reputation beyond reputeslipknot has a reputation beyond reputeslipknot has a reputation beyond reputeslipknot has a reputation beyond reputeslipknot has a reputation beyond repute

Yea I was thinking that as well....Im gonna replace my rotor and cap and new plugs then get back to you.....thanks man.
Old 10-29-2006, 12:25 AM
Registered Member

JIDM_EG6 has disabled reputation

I would lean towards the cap my civic did the same thing.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:52 AM
Registered Member

Alright I changed the cap,rotor,and wires and its still happening.Havent checked to see if its even gonna start right now because it hasnt started up without dying the last few days cause of the rain.Now Im leaning towards the distributor itself.Any ideas anyone?
Old 11-14-2006, 08:31 AM
Registered Member

Alright tried starting the car but all it does is start up strong at first followed by it stalling out.No idea what is going on any help is much appreciated.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:22 AM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia

TPS or MAF would be another good idea to check out, as well as the Coolant Temp. Sensor.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:29 PM
ZOR - WE'RE BACK!

cole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these parts

check all your grounds
Old 11-14-2006, 04:07 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by WishIHadaSilvia
TPS or MAF would be another good idea to check out, as well as the Coolant Temp. Sensor.
Yea I would recommend cleaning the MAF with alc. and a q-tip..

Also maybe replace IAT, are you getting a CEL/SES light?
Old 11-14-2006, 07:14 PM
Registered Member

Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher

i would check for a leak of water into the distributer, or even the gas tank...water + gas + engine = bad

Quick Reply: Stalling/Sputtering problem