Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

SRT4 STOCK WASTEGATE

Old 01-10-2011, 06:25 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bertobashaw has disabled reputation
Exclamation SRT4 STOCK WASTEGATE

im trying to put a stock wastegate back on my srt4. its got a pt cruiser stock wastegate on it now and im only producing 8 pounds of boost. the previous owner said if i put an srt4 wastegate on it i would make 14 pounds easily. I know i can buy an aftermarket one but id rather keep the stock wastegate due to im not building the car up anytime soon. Anyone have any advice on where i can find one or if i go aftermarket which application will work best with the stock turbo? Thanks.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:31 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk
Default Re: SRT4 STOCK WASTEGATE

srtforums.com

14lbs easy is bullshit. AGP Wastegate is easy to install and adjustable, with it you can spike 18lbs hold 16lbs. Anything higher and your out of your turbos efficiency range.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:13 AM
Oh hey

TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr

Not a good idea to just throw extra boost at a car without changing the fuel curve... do some reading.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:25 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

Originally Posted by TiredToyotaDrvr
Not a good idea to just throw extra boost at a car without changing the fuel curve... do some reading.
theres plenty of fuel in a SRT-4 to hold 16lbs.