Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

SRT-4's, worth it?

Old 12-19-2004, 09:57 PM
Only Godlike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SuPa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SRT-4's, worth it?

I've been looking at them, and it seems like a good car, not only is it quick stock but its got good gas mileage as well, just looking for a new project that looks decent right when I get it so I don't have to fix much --'
Old 12-20-2004, 02:54 AM
Banned

94 Teggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: SRT-4's, worth it?

Mopar upgrades+ warranty= id buy one. And I will one of these days
Old 12-20-2004, 05:08 AM
Only Godlike

SuPa is an unknown quantity at this point

yeh, I selected a few upgrade options through the dealer, and then i'm looking at some of the mopar upgrades ;D

I think its quicker than hell, I test drove one saturday and was doing 100 before I even knew it.. and I wasn't even really trying to do 100 --;
Old 12-20-2004, 05:27 AM
Die reinste Bösen.

gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear

my good buddy has a SRT4 with the stage 1 mopar upgrade and a few bolt ons...he absolutely loves it. Ive heard him complain about nothing on the car...in fact hes always making hints that i should buy one.
Old 12-20-2004, 05:30 AM
Registered Member

BlackSRT4 BlackSRT4 BlackSRT4 BlackSRT4 BlackSRT4 BlackSRT4

if your looking for a cheap car with get up a go engine and dont really care about anything else get an SRT. But if your looking for an all around sports car with handling, interior and looks buy something else. If you buy the mopar stage 3 from dodge that will cost you almost 4k + the car you'll be spending around 30k+ after interest and financing. Go get a car thats worth that kind of money, the only perk is you'll have a car directly off the show room lot that 30hp shy of putting down 400 to the wheel. good luck with your decision.
Old 12-20-2004, 05:35 AM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

Well, it depends on what you're after. Remember, that when you are buying a $20k car, that's what you're getting. Don't expect it handle like a Porsche, or have the interior of a BMW. But, if straight line speed for little money is what you're after, there aren't many better choices. Especially now that they have LSD (I think so, anyways...).

Well, that is, as long as you don't get fed up with all the "It's just a Neon" jokes...
Old 12-20-2004, 05:50 AM
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz

Originally Posted by SuPa
yeh, I selected a few upgrade options through the dealer, and then i'm looking at some of the mopar upgrades ;D

I think its quicker than hell, I test drove one saturday and was doing 100 before I even knew it.. and I wasn't even really trying to do 100 --;
You're just used to driving a 4 cylinder S10.
Old 12-20-2004, 06:14 AM
i drive autobahn

Porsche_911 has disabled reputation

srt4s are fucking gay to high heavens
Old 12-20-2004, 10:07 AM
Patron

Boxer4PSI has disabled reputation

If you buy an SRT-4 be sure to break it in correctly. I knew a guy who was stupid enough to believe the salesman when the salesman said the car was broken in with just 300 miles on the odometer.

The guy then proceeded to take the world on, street racing every single modified car that crossed his path. Well, at 1200 miles on the odometer the car started messing up. He took it to the dealer for warranty work and the dealer couldn't find anything wrong with it. Eventually after a few more tries the guy just took his stuff out of the car, left the car at the dealership, and eventually got a refund.

I firmly believe that the reason that SRT-4 screwed up was b/c he raced it constantly before the car was broken in. Break the car in right, and don't act like a cocky ass and you should be fine.
Old 12-20-2004, 10:56 AM
Banned

GotB00stPsi is an unknown quantity at this point

yeh i just bought a 2005... i will be picking it up tomorrow from OysterPointDodge....we'll see how it goes

Quick Reply: SRT-4's, worth it?