Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

SRS light

Old 08-21-2012, 07:15 PM
Hellafunctional

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93
Default SRS light

Well, I'm trying to fix my brother's POS civic. It's a 99 civic hatch, swapped blah blah (let me know if you need to know any of that stuff though). I've looked around. Apparently the PO just used a resistor to turn off the light all together. SO, needless to say, my brother needed an inspection an failed it (miserably at that). So I've tried messing around with that, there's another connection dangling below that and when I plug that in, I get the SRS light to come on, but it's stuck on. So how do I get this off? Where are common places to start? I've been lurking on the internet for a couple hours now trying to find good info but all I find are dead threads. I've tried resetting it but couldn't even get it to reset at all. What would be your next step (other than taking it somewhere)?
Old 08-22-2012, 02:44 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: SRS light

Have you verified that all of the SRS system components are there? You'll probably need to consult a factory manual for components and locations, etc. There should be troubleshooting flowcharts in there too.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:19 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Better the SRS light then the LOL light
Old 08-22-2012, 06:51 AM
Hellafunctional

Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Have you verified that all of the SRS system components are there? You'll probably need to consult a factory manual for components and locations, etc. There should be troubleshooting flowcharts in there too.
I was trying to find one. i was wondering if there are any specific points that are known to be either a) taken out or b) faulty.

Originally Posted by Lord Humongous
Better the SRS light then the LOL light
Yeah, with the LOL on he can't drive at all.
Old 08-23-2012, 05:27 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

When you say there was a resistor used to turn off the light,is it in the place of one of the airbags?As in,does it have a non-airbag steering wheel or super JDM tray thang where the passenger airbag should be?Has the car had an airbag deployment that you know of?

I believe there is a procedure on that car to pull SRS codes without a scanner,but I'd have to check the manual to see exactly what it entails(I can't remember if it's as simple as just shorting the test connector,or if it's more complicated).
Old 08-23-2012, 10:13 PM
Hellafunctional

Originally Posted by TNGChris
When you say there was a resistor used to turn off the light,is it in the place of one of the airbags?As in,does it have a non-airbag steering wheel or super JDM tray thang where the passenger airbag should be?Has the car had an airbag deployment that you know of?

I believe there is a procedure on that car to pull SRS codes without a scanner,but I'd have to check the manual to see exactly what it entails(I can't remember if it's as simple as just shorting the test connector,or if it's more complicated).
Oem steering wheel with an airbag. Passenger airbag is still in tact. He used a resistor to turn off the SRS light. By doing that it doesn't let the bulb turn on at all.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:34 AM
Mr. Fixit

da93teg has disabled reputation

its most likely a seat belt buckle throwing the code seat belts and buckles are covered by honda for life unless they are damaged from miss use
take it to a dealer and let them run the codes if it is seat belt related it will be free

hop[e that helps
Old 08-24-2012, 10:22 AM
Hellafunctional

Originally Posted by da93teg
its most likely a seat belt buckle throwing the code seat belts and buckles are covered by honda for life unless they are damaged from miss use
take it to a dealer and let them run the codes if it is seat belt related it will be free

hop[e that helps
Okay, does it cost anything for them to check what it's for?
Old 08-24-2012, 01:43 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

You can check the seat belt switch yourself with a multimeter.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:58 PM
Registered Member

ilovehondas35 has disabled reputation
Default SRS light

The SRS light came on in my car and I failed inspection for it. Turned out the computer was bad. I just pulled the light out of the cluster and took it back and it passed. Just an idea. Good luck!

Quick Reply: SRS light