Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

spoon N1??

Old 02-11-2009, 03:11 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jaybo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default spoon N1??

i'm looking at getting an axle-back for my EK. it's got a DC header, stock mid pipe, and some no-name muffler welded on that vibrates the hell outta my rear bumper. it's pretty quiet, and wouldn't mind getting something a little louder, but i also have donated virginia beach about 280 bucks to there illegal exhaust piggy bank from my old civic. it had a stock header, test pipe, and thermal exhaust. so, i don't really wanna get hassled. my mustang is REALLY loud, but it's a domestic and i know how the cops around here get a big stiffy for the ricers.

so.... what can i expect with the spoon n1? will it be louder than the thermal setup i had on my EG? anyone local have one so i can hear in person? what you guys think?
Old 02-11-2009, 03:12 PM
been around awhile.

zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas
Default Re: spoon N1??

spoon n1 is retarded loud, it sounds amazing...but its definetly louder then the thermal
Old 02-11-2009, 03:23 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by zappas
spoon n1 is retarded loud, it sounds amazing...but its definetly louder then the thermal
you know how much the silencer helps? the thing that's appealing about the Spoon is it's low-profile. it's not a huge 6" can hanging out the back. from the pics i've seen, it could almost pass as stock, and that's a huge plus in my book. are there any other options that fit my criteria, besides stock?
Old 02-11-2009, 03:27 PM
been around awhile.

the silencer helps alot, but then it sounds and looks like shit..imo.

i'd go with en es oval, a mugen twin loop...personal favorite, it really depends on how much your looking to drop on an exhaust.

but both of those are fairly quiet exhausts....there's alot of options.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:32 PM
Registered Member

i'm actually looking at keeping it around 200, either for a bolt-up axle-back, or having a muffler welded up. or picking up something used. don't need a full exhaust, not trying to spend that much
Old 02-11-2009, 03:34 PM
been around awhile.

es oval, or a used rs*r would be probably be your best bet for a stock look with a little sound, but not too much as to get a ticket.

thats what i'd do most likely.

in your price range.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:29 PM
<3

elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz

Mugen Twin Loop would be perfect, but expensive. Quiet on normal driving, but sounds great when you get on it.

Spoon N1 sounds great and is LOUD like zappas says. The only thing I can thing of louder is a Buddy Club Spec 2.

ES Oval, RSR Exmag, or Apexi World Sport are your best bets for stockish look and quiet.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:02 PM
Registered Member

streetsk8er757 has disabled reputation

Had the spoon on my s2k and its over rated and way too loud. I bought an amuse sinlge and i was ALOT happier not that you have an s2k but im just saying

find a mugen twin loop
Old 02-12-2009, 04:52 AM
Sorry. Not really.

BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve

+ 1 on the ES oval. Straight through design without the decibel violation. And they make it in flat black instead of "pull me over" silver.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:28 AM
Registered member

sleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these parts

N1 tips are bullshit if you are running a stock midpipe.

get a full exhaust to actually make power...if you want noise put some holes in that midpipe they both will sound the same

like shit!

Quick Reply: spoon N1??