VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Tech Talk (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/)
-   -   Speedometer stopped working. WTF? (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/speedometer-stopped-working-wtf-93227/)

HMBeaty 05-07-2005 05:02 PM

Speedometer stopped working. WTF?

91 Honda CRX Si, my speedometer stopped working, all lights tach and fuel guage still work. So, it couldn't be a fuse. Any ideas? Thanks

Jay 05-07-2005 05:09 PM

Re: Speedometer stopped working. WTF?

smack the dashboard.

It works in my S-10. :)

Your speedo cable or sensor might be toast.

ek9inch 05-07-2005 05:23 PM

speed sensor?

black6gen 05-07-2005 05:37 PM

Yeah what he said^. Come on man use your head.

HMBeaty 05-07-2005 06:13 PM

Well, I'm trying to get different opinions before I go take everything apart. A couple on other forums suggested that the speedo cable may have come loose. So, here when it stop raining/drizzling or whatever, I'm taking apart the cluster to see if the speedo cable came loose. So if you don't have any opinions and just a smart ass remark, just keep it to yourself. Today has been one big bullshit day for me. K, thanks.

200+hp240sx 05-07-2005 06:32 PM

its easy to know what it is but theres not much you can do yourself. its either your speedometer cable or your speedometer sensor. only place you can get either piece is from honda. im not positive if they will just sell you either part without doing labor themselfs but for you to know which one it is you pretty much need them to detect what part is broken. Both items are kinda pricy and it sucks ass. they will also lecture you that if you dont have them fix your speedometer you can go to jail for mileage fraud since when they fix it they go and turn back however many miles you "driven" its all **** though. but both parts are ontop of your tranny so check it out and make sure theres no chaffing and that the sensor is even connected. good luck

HMBeaty 05-07-2005 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by 200+hp240sx
its easy to know what it is but theres not much you can do yourself. its either your speedometer cable or your speedometer sensor. only place you can get either piece is from honda. im not positive if they will just sell you either part without doing labor themselfs but for you to know which one it is you pretty much need them to detect what part is broken. Both items are kinda pricy and it sucks ass. they will also lecture you that if you dont have them fix your speedometer you can go to jail for mileage fraud since when they fix it they go and turn back however many miles you "driven" its all **** though. but both parts are ontop of your tranny so check it out and make sure theres no chaffing and that the sensor is even connected. good luck

Thank man, but I think I ruled it out to be the cluster itself. Hopefully I can find one at UWI tomorrow or monday. Are they even open tomorrow?

jdmh22a 05-08-2005 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by fasternu
Thank man, but I think I ruled it out to be the cluster itself. Hopefully I can find one at UWI tomorrow or monday. Are they even open tomorrow?

spedo cable

hondazccivic 05-08-2005 09:34 AM

I had this happen in my civic hatch before, check your tranny and see if the cable is in there, sometimes they pop out if you accidently hit it with something if your working around it.

Jarrod 05-08-2005 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by VR-4ever
smack the dashboard.

It works in my S-10. :)

Your speedo cable or sensor might be toast.

hhhahhaahhahha