Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Speedometer stopped working. WTF?

Old 05-07-2005, 05:02 PM
HM-8404

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud of
Default Speedometer stopped working. WTF?

91 Honda CRX Si, my speedometer stopped working, all lights tach and fuel guage still work. So, it couldn't be a fuse. Any ideas? Thanks
Old 05-07-2005, 05:09 PM
Jay
VR-4ever

Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay
Default Re: Speedometer stopped working. WTF?

smack the dashboard.

It works in my S-10.

Your speedo cable or sensor might be toast.
Old 05-07-2005, 05:23 PM
Registered Member

ek9inch is an unknown quantity at this point

speed sensor?
Old 05-07-2005, 05:37 PM
Turbo VTEC-E

black6gen can only hope to improve

Yeah what he said^. Come on man use your head.
Old 05-07-2005, 06:13 PM
HM-8404

HMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud of

Well, I'm trying to get different opinions before I go take everything apart. A couple on other forums suggested that the speedo cable may have come loose. So, here when it stop raining/drizzling or whatever, I'm taking apart the cluster to see if the speedo cable came loose. So if you don't have any opinions and just a smart ass remark, just keep it to yourself. Today has been one big bullshit day for me. K, thanks.
Old 05-07-2005, 06:32 PM
Registered Member

200+hp240sx 200+hp240sx 200+hp240sx 200+hp240sx 200+hp240sx 200+hp240sx 200+hp240sx 200+hp240sx 200+hp240sx 200+hp240sx 200+hp240sx

its easy to know what it is but theres not much you can do yourself. its either your speedometer cable or your speedometer sensor. only place you can get either piece is from honda. im not positive if they will just sell you either part without doing labor themselfs but for you to know which one it is you pretty much need them to detect what part is broken. Both items are kinda pricy and it sucks ass. they will also lecture you that if you dont have them fix your speedometer you can go to jail for mileage fraud since when they fix it they go and turn back however many miles you "driven" its all **** though. but both parts are ontop of your tranny so check it out and make sure theres no chaffing and that the sensor is even connected. good luck
Old 05-07-2005, 07:23 PM
HM-8404

Originally Posted by 200+hp240sx
its easy to know what it is but theres not much you can do yourself. its either your speedometer cable or your speedometer sensor. only place you can get either piece is from honda. im not positive if they will just sell you either part without doing labor themselfs but for you to know which one it is you pretty much need them to detect what part is broken. Both items are kinda pricy and it sucks ass. they will also lecture you that if you dont have them fix your speedometer you can go to jail for mileage fraud since when they fix it they go and turn back however many miles you "driven" its all **** though. but both parts are ontop of your tranny so check it out and make sure theres no chaffing and that the sensor is even connected. good luck
Thank man, but I think I ruled it out to be the cluster itself. Hopefully I can find one at UWI tomorrow or monday. Are they even open tomorrow?
Old 05-08-2005, 08:43 AM
Registered Member

jdmh22a is infamous around these partsjdmh22a is infamous around these partsjdmh22a is infamous around these partsjdmh22a is infamous around these partsjdmh22a is infamous around these partsjdmh22a is infamous around these partsjdmh22a is infamous around these partsjdmh22a is infamous around these partsjdmh22a is infamous around these partsjdmh22a is infamous around these partsjdmh22a is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by fasternu
Thank man, but I think I ruled it out to be the cluster itself. Hopefully I can find one at UWI tomorrow or monday. Are they even open tomorrow?
spedo cable
Old 05-08-2005, 09:34 AM
Registered Member

hondazccivic is an unknown quantity at this point

I had this happen in my civic hatch before, check your tranny and see if the cable is in there, sometimes they pop out if you accidently hit it with something if your working around it.
Old 05-08-2005, 10:07 AM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Originally Posted by VR-4ever
smack the dashboard.

It works in my S-10.

Your speedo cable or sensor might be toast.
hhhahhaahhahha

Quick Reply: Speedometer stopped working. WTF?