Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Spark Plugs and my RX 7

Old 02-20-2011, 11:12 AM
NotAcOp:)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux
Default Spark Plugs and my RX 7

Well changed my plugs for the first time ever.... ( i never done them on any of my other cars ) and it was an experiance. Well i finished and took it for a drive. Then I started to hear a tickin... I thought I moved a wire were it was hitting a belt or something. NOPE get home and its was my T1 plug just hanging there... I guess I didnt push it in all the way. Checked the other plugs for snuggness and carried on.

So here is my prob/question

Should my old plugs look like this?

and question 2

My car is now idling... a little rough. I know the guy messed with the af ratio and timing ... could new plugs make it do this? As in... the old af ratio was good for the old plugs but not new plugs.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:25 AM
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom
Default Re: Spark Plugs and my RX 7

Originally Posted by starbux
Well changed my plugs for the first time ever.... ( i never done them on any of my other cars ) and it was an experiance. Well i finished and took it for a drive. Then I started to hear a tickin... I thought I moved a wire were it was hitting a belt or something. NOPE get home and its was my T1 plug just hanging there... I guess I didnt push it in all the way. Checked the other plugs for snuggness and carried on.

So here is my prob/question

Should my old plugs look like this?

and question 2

My car is now idling... a little rough. I know the guy messed with the af ratio and timing ... could new plugs make it do this? As in... the old af ratio was good for the old plugs but not new plugs.
please tell me you are 16-17.

1st off: what plugs/wires are you running and what should you be running?
2nd: did you check the gap on the new plugs?
3rd: google spark plug chart to figure out what your old plugs tell you (normal a/f mixture)
Old 02-20-2011, 11:38 AM

BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux

Thanks guys lol... no I just never changed any before. My Z and my Tib never needed them. This... well if you dont count my corolla, is the first car that I am doing the work on myself.

Man... id ont know what to do if my piston rings go out... o lord lolololol I hear they are really hard to find on my car and they cost more than a new engine lololol

The gap is .056
Old 02-20-2011, 11:40 AM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

Lol..they are near impossible to find...
Old 02-20-2011, 11:43 AM
doesn't like 1911s

~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh

Originally Posted by nftuatn
Lol..they are near impossible to find...
nah, you just have to trace back from the distributor.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:45 AM

is that next to flux compasitor?

But on a serious not I talked to my buddy and he said they looked normal. So thanks for the help and the laugh guys !
Old 02-20-2011, 12:07 PM
SPARKLEmotion

FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah

You guys are idiots.... You know it's one of the connecting rods.

It's been a long time since I've laid hands on rotary, but I could have swore the gap needed to be closer to .040. You did get surface gap plugs didn't you? If so they should have already been gapped to spec IF you were givin' the correct plugs.

EDIT: That gap figure was for the non-turbo. The turbos I THINK run a lower gap (.030ish)

Last edited by FObangah; 02-20-2011 at 12:13 PM.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:11 PM

They are the correct plugs and I'm just goin off the computer at autozone.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:16 PM

If the plugs are spose to look like that
Old 02-21-2011, 03:11 AM
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.

the old plugs just looked like it was running realll lean

Quick Reply: Spark Plugs and my RX 7