Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

spark plugs fouling

Old 02-13-2009, 06:48 PM
dhn
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dhn has disabled reputation
Default spark plugs fouling

so yesterdy i drove my car around town. going to class..not beatying on it..hit boost a few times but not like going full throttle and going all out on my motor. i let it sit for a few hours go to start it and its bogging and misfiring. i get new spark plugs in the next day drove it around for a few just to test it and it was fine..then let it sit for about 6 or so hours. went to start it up to go out and it boigs again and just dies. why do my spark plugs keep dying? i used ngk oem integra plugs. btw its a 94 LS motor with stock head and built block. turbo setup...sc34 turbo. i had this problem awhuiiillee ago but just switched sprk plugs and i was good to go. anyhelp is appreciated. thanks
Old 02-13-2009, 06:53 PM
I have a 20 valve...

crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx
Default Re: spark plugs fouling

why do you think its the spark plugs? Are they fouled? What color are they- black, white, oily, burnt? If it bogs down, I think you have other issues than your spark plugs. Also, how tight are you putting them in? I'm not questioning your intelligence or engine knowledge, but I just found a spark plug in my bike that was supposedly serviced by a reputable place and they bent one of the plugs.

Just saying.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:19 PM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

leaky injectors? are the plugs wet when you pull them out? on a turbo car id be using colder heat range plugs too
Old 02-15-2009, 03:15 PM
Registered Member

The_Truth The_Truth

If you are boosted, I would recommend getting some colder plugs. Personally I would go with NGK Iridium IX and depending on the boost level go either 1 or 2 steps colder.