Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Sound file of a DSM with crankwalk

Old 12-09-2002, 07:45 PM
formerly 99gsxturbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big 16GSX is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sound file of a DSM with crankwalk

I found this on dsmtalk. For all of the dsmers that have ever thought that they had symptoms of CW, this is a recording of a 2g w/ CW. The pauses in the woodpecker sound are the clutch pedal moving in and out. Hope this makes people who have worries feel better.

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/e...gcrankwalk.wav
Old 12-09-2002, 07:51 PM
HAM

Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat

I've experienced it first hand...god it gave me nightmares.
Old 12-09-2002, 07:51 PM
Just a 1.3 Liter

GreyGT-C is an unknown quantity at this point

still have no real idea of what it actually is.......i know what i *think* crank walk sounds like it might be....

educate me
Old 12-09-2002, 07:52 PM
HAM

Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat

LoL I don't know if I should say it...or fittingly let 2mchboost4u do the honors ^_^

I'm going to IM him.
Old 12-09-2002, 07:58 PM
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

I know what crankwalk sounds like ^_^ WHEEE.... Crankwalk is tiiiight.... i recommend it to any honda driver... hell, not any, EVERY ^_^ because like HEAT says... crankwalk is like vtec everyone thinks they have it.... I should put pictures up of my thrust bearing and my crank sensor..... they look brand new....besides the brass color to the bearing and the big gashes in the CS.
Old 12-09-2002, 08:02 PM
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

Crankwalk..... not enough oil to the "center" bearing (aka thrust), causing it to have excessive wear, therefore that allows the crank to have end play (back and forth movement) and if you lucky enough, you can have some serious damage done.... or like me just get away with a F *cked up crank sensor and some bearign and a bad block and crank and the list goes on.... ill be pulling my motor soon and take some pictures of it!!

F/S: 4g63 everything ^_^
Old 12-09-2002, 08:03 PM
Just a 1.3 Liter

yet again....i haven't been given an answer.......and i don't own a honda. please don't accuse me of such again hell....PM me w/ a description of what it is......like i said..i have an idea of what it may be. But want to hear it from a DSM'er
Old 12-10-2002, 08:17 AM
formerly 99gsxturbo

Big 16GSX is an unknown quantity at this point

here is a short and sweet answer...It is mainly a problem in 2G DSM 4G63 motors, there are some later model 1Gs that have problems, but it is rare. Crankwalk is when something goes wrong with the motor and the crank will actually move left to right in the motor causing all hell to break loose. Damaged rods, crank sensor all kinds of shit. This is a very vague description because there is no real explanation for it. People claim to know why it happens and how to fix it, but in most cases, if it happens once, it will happen again, even after a rebuild. If you would like to do your own research go to www.dsmtalk.com and do a search for crankwalk, all the info you could ever want will be there. I am leaving a lot out of this description, but there is too much to write. Also, crankwalk doesnt happen to all 2G motors, most of them will never have any problems, well not crankwalk problems at least. I hope this gives you a little better understanding of the problem. In the rotary world, this is as catastrophic as your rotors moving front to back in the rotor housing. That would suck, wouldnt it?
Old 12-10-2002, 01:28 PM
Just a 1.3 Liter

hah...i've had that happen before......as the result of a stationary gear failure. Thanks for the info.
Old 12-10-2002, 06:08 PM
~

nickyroo has disabled reputation

if my car made that noise, id probably cry.

Quick Reply: Sound file of a DSM with crankwalk