Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Someone with a Teg, I need measurements!

Old 07-13-2004, 03:45 PM
Racetracks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Someone with a Teg, I need measurements!

Can someone who owns a Teg from 94 and up (I think) measure the diameter of the funny little round Teg headlights? I need both inner and outer lights, and if they are perfectly round, etc. I need the front face dimension, not the opening in the bumper. I only care about the lens..

Also, are any of the years of that style different shapes or dimensions or in any way different than other years? I'm only talking about twin round lights, I don't care about any other style..
I'm trying to find small round lights for a headlight conversion and Teg lights may work well.. If you can put Silvia lights on a Teg, why not put Teg lights on a 240? Just joking.. Before anyone gets any ideas about horrible tackiness, the lights will be behind glass, kinda like the C-West RX7 headlight conversion. I want functional headlights, not rigged aux driving lights.. I hate the stock 240 popups, and want something that looks better and is brighter..

Last edited by Fabrik8; 07-13-2004 at 04:03 PM.
Old 07-13-2004, 03:52 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT
Default Re: Someone with a Teg, I need measurements!

the 94-97 headlights are smaller and a different shape then the 98 headlights, ill go measure mine in a second, they do have a slight curve to them and there not perfectly circle, there more of an oval shape.......
Old 07-13-2004, 03:58 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

mine are 98+aftermarket headlights, the face measurements are=inside head light, is about 5.5 inches, and the outside headlight is just under 6 1/4 inches, now thats the best i can get cause i only have a regular tape measure that doesnt like to bend with the curve very well........
Old 07-13-2004, 04:02 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Cool, thanks for the info. I thought they were a little smaller than that, those are way too big for what I want to do I think.. You say they're oval, which dimension were you measuring, height or width? Are you just measuring the clear lens or were those measurements the whole opening?

Anyone with measurements for 94-97?

Last edited by Fabrik8; 07-13-2004 at 04:10 PM.
Old 07-13-2004, 04:22 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

there just the face of the lens, then it goes backwards towards the car so i just measured the face,and i measured from angle to angle, bottom left to top right......the 94 headlights are smaller than that, you might want to get someone to measure those.......