Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

skunk2 cam question

Old 10-30-2008, 08:19 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jdmintegra is an unknown quantity at this point
Default skunk2 cam question

i have a guy that wants to trade me a pair of skunk 2 tuner cams stage 2 for a set of itr cams...is this a good deal?...what can i exspect out of the skunk cams..i have a full itr motor with p30 pistons and stock vavle train..would it be ok to run these with that and what kinda power can i exspect after being tuned
Old 10-30-2008, 08:44 AM
Slowest HRC Member

BAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: skunk2 cam question

Originally Posted by jdmintegra
i have a guy that wants to trade me a pair of skunk 2 tuner cams stage 2 for a set of itr cams...is this a good deal?...what can i exspect out of the skunk cams..i have a full itr motor with p30 pistons and stock vavle train..would it be ok to run these with that and what kinda power can i exspect after being tuned

Yes.
You can expect slightly better performance, and a camshaft that meets or exceeds OEM quality. You may need springs to support the additional lift, if you've not already upgraded.
Power gains depend on your modifications, but on average, you should gain 7-15 hp over the TypeR cams with the Tuner2's. Given that you're on higher than stock compression, your gains should be higher than some, depending on the rest of the supporting mods.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:05 AM
Registered Member

jdmintegra is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: skunk2 cam question

will me using type r dual springs and skunk2 retainers be ok or do i need a full upgrade...right now i just have the full itr valvetrain..kinda doing ths build on a budget..thanks