Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

single cam in a dc2?

Old 03-13-2013, 04:00 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
doctor x has disabled reputation
Post single cam in a dc2?

is it possoble i know there is a single cam integra from the factory but i wanna know has anyone done it and what are your thoughts only want to run it for a couple months while i save some money up..

So what parts would i need to make this happen?
Old 03-13-2013, 04:08 PM
Registered member

sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl?
Default single cam in a dc2?

Oh god. Okay, let's start at the top..SURE it can be done. It's just counterproductive. I'm fairly certain the integra mounts and all work, just have to wire in vtec(potentially). If the integra mounts don't work use the EG mounts from 92-95 civics. I've always thought it was interesting to see a SOHC in an integra..it's just a huge step back as far as the power-ceiling goes. But it's your cup of tea.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:16 PM
Registered Member

Default Re: single cam in a dc2?

Originally Posted by sixcyl?
Oh god. Okay, let's start at the top..SURE it can be done. It's just counterproductive. I'm fairly certain the integra mounts and all work, just have to wire in vtec(potentially). If the integra mounts don't work use the EG mounts from 92-95 civics. I've always thought it was interesting to see a SOHC in an integra..it's just a huge step back as far as the power-ceiling goes. But it's your cup of tea.
i know the car is gonna be slow but i need it to be a point a to b car till i can get a new swap
Old 03-13-2013, 05:10 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Why not just get an LS instead? They're also really cheap and you would have to do minimum effort.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:06 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Why not just get an LS instead? They're also really cheap and you would have to do minimum effort.
because im saving my money for a new swap but i just need it to last a few months
Old 03-13-2013, 06:24 PM
Registered Member

El Illest has disabled reputation
Default single cam in a dc2?

Sounds like your tryna piece something together to save for what you want, but don't get a pos motor for your a to b duties and have it go out on you and dig deeper .... You get what you pay for, just my 2 cents man good luck
Old 03-13-2013, 06:33 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by El Illest
Sounds like your tryna piece something together to save for what you want, but don't get a pos motor for your a to b duties and have it go out on you and dig deeper .... You get what you pay for, just my 2 cents man good luck
i understand man just trying to make sure all motor mounts will fit
Old 03-13-2013, 06:50 PM
2doors plus 2.

Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors

I would stick with a ls motor for the fact that after you wire up a single cam for your integra you have more work cut out for you when you place your swap(whatever it is) in it. Just common sense in my opinion.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:45 PM
supermoto or bust

Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones

Jesus Christ. Just stick to a LS. Better yet, go to Walmart and buy a bike if you're that fucking cheap.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:28 PM
Registered Member

Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed

A d16 would suck in an Integra. THINK. Integras are 300+lbs heavier than most Civics; so a motor that has less than 100lb-ft is gonna have to work harder

Quick Reply: single cam in a dc2?