Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Shakeing problem

Old 12-28-2010, 07:28 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anthonydaman has disabled reputation
Default Shakeing problem

Ok here goes...... This started like 2 days ago the car started shakeing under acceleration and makeing some noise ... i would let off the gas it would stop. So i changed the axels thinking that might be the problem but didnt fix it so i put a new inner tie rod bar and that still didnt fix the problem.. So now today the car shakes more and i hear metal pinging around and now when i hit my breaks it still does it or let of the gas. so the problem is getting worse. All bolts are tight everything looks good but i cant watch it while i drive to see whats moving and whats not.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:30 AM
Go cry to momma

Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness
Default Re: Shakeing problem

Originally Posted by Anthonydaman
Ok here goes...... This started like 2 days ago the car started shakeing under acceleration and makeing some noise ... i would let off the gas it would stop. So i changed the axels thinking that might be the problem but didnt fix it so i put a new inner tie rod bar and that still didnt fix the problem.. So now today the car shakes more and i hear metal pinging around and now when i hit my breaks it still does it or let of the gas. so the problem is getting worse. All bolts are tight everything looks good but i cant watch it while i drive to see whats moving and whats not.
Wheel bearing??? Motor falling out the bottom...??

Last edited by Nunyabidness; 12-28-2010 at 07:37 AM.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:30 AM
Registered Member

vxcoastie is a name known to allvxcoastie is a name known to allvxcoastie is a name known to allvxcoastie is a name known to allvxcoastie is a name known to allvxcoastie is a name known to allvxcoastie is a name known to all

Could possibly be a warped disc rotor!!!
Old 12-28-2010, 07:32 AM
Registered Member

5literbeater has disabled reputation

jack her up and check your wheel bearings by seeing if there is any play at the wheel move side to side and up and down. Also you can check your motor mounts by powerbraking in d and reverse while someone looks at the engine to look for excessive play.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:35 AM
Registered member

sleeperteg sleeperteg sleeperteg sleeperteg sleeperteg sleeperteg sleeperteg sleeperteg sleeperteg sleeperteg sleeperteg

Originally Posted by Anthonydaman
car started shakeing under acceleration and makeing some noise ... i would let off the gas it would stop.
are you misfiring?
Old 12-28-2010, 07:50 AM
Registered member

Ok its not miss fireing nor is there anyplay with the bearing i checked all that should of added it to my post. Motor mounts are good
Old 12-28-2010, 07:52 AM
Registered member

Rotors they dont seem warped but i was going to change those friday. but for the metal sound hitting wouild a rotor make those noise ?
Old 12-28-2010, 07:58 AM
B Nice

STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW

Jack the car up and put it on stands, then get under it and shake as many suspension pieces as you can and check for any slack/play in them. But please don't get under the car and start shaking shit if you don't have it properly secured!!!

Last edited by STi_FTMFW; 12-28-2010 at 08:07 AM.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:06 AM
Registered Member

5literbeater has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by STi_FTMFW
Jack the car up and put it on stands, then get under it and shake as many suspension pieces as you can and check for any slack/play in them.
what he said
Old 12-28-2010, 10:08 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Generally, if one of the rotors was warped that badly you'd feel it under braking through the brake pedal. If a rotor was loose, or the pads aren't seated properly, it might feel normal but sound like hell. That shouldn't make anything shake really badly though, unless the wheel was also loose on the lug nuts.

It's more likely that a bearing is going, but it seems awfully sudden to start having problems and then have them get worse so fast. Because the wheel and the brake rotor are mounted together, and the brake caliper is mounted to the car, it's not uncommon to have the brake pads start knocking around on the brake rotor when the wheel bearing has play in it.

Quick Reply: Shakeing problem