Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

S-10 in cab wiring (headliner)

Old 05-13-2004, 05:19 AM
Bald tires again

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jjrambo has disabled reputation
Red face S-10 in cab wiring (headliner)

I have a 2003 chevy s-10 and am trying to figure out were the wiring in the cab is actually going to. I was pulling the headliner out to put some lights in and found a set of wires running along the side of the head liner. they come up the left post, 3 split and go to the rear view mirror, but I have another set that runs back over the drivers side and I can't figure out what the heck they are running to. I need help. I know there not going to the dome light or 3rd brake light bause those come from elsewere and there a different gauge as well and different color. does anyone know what these wires are for?
Old 05-13-2004, 05:39 AM
bring ding ding ding

Choodle has disabled reputation
Default Re: S-10 in cab wiring (headliner)

Well I haven't taken my headliner out to trace anything. But if its not going to the third brake light or the dome light, it may be going out to the tails. One for brake, one for signals, and the other for reverse lights. This is just an educated guess. If you look between the bed and cab gap you will notice the connection from cab to bed. Thats my 2 cents.
Old 05-13-2004, 05:43 AM
Bald tires again

Originally Posted by Choodle
Well I haven't taken my headliner out to trace anything. But if its not going to the third brake light or the dome light, it may be going out to the tails. One for brake, one for signals, and the other for reverse lights. This is just an educated guess. If you look between the bed and cab gap you will notice the connection from cab to bed. Thats my 2 cents.
That would be a nice thought but the brake lights run underneath the cab inside a wire casing tucked inside the frame
Old 05-13-2004, 10:29 AM
Bald tires again

I looked at your list of mods and saw you removed the throtle body restrictor. I have a 2003, I wasn't aware that it had one. how did yo ugo about removing it, for your speed limiter removal did you get a new chip or how did you do that one.
Old 05-13-2004, 11:06 AM
bring ding ding ding

For the TB restrictor mod, you take off the TB completely, you'll see a rubbery half sphere shaped thing. Pull that off with a screw driver, grind down the TB plate so its smoothe and put it back on. It's about a 2 hour job but its well worth it. For the speed limiter, look under the truck where the tranny is. There will be two wires that go into it and a clip on the end of one of them. Cut one of the wires, get some extra wire from like wal mart or somthing, and a switch. Connect you extra wire to each side of the one you cut and then run it into the switch. When you flip the switch, your speedometer will drop to zero and the computer wont know when to shut down. I had my friend in his SE-R run beside me on the interstate and his wouldnt go past 140, but mine was still pulling. THE SPEED LIMITER MOD WILL NOT WORK IF YOU HAVE AN AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION! THE COMPUTER WONT KNOW WHEN TO CHANGE GEARS AND YOU WILL BE STUCK! Both mods are definately the best free mods I have found for any car. If you need any more help, just PM me.
Old 05-13-2004, 12:01 PM
Bald tires again

what exactly does the throtle body restrictor mod do. is it restricting gas flow, air or what? i would just get on AIM and send you a message but i'm at work and they have AIM blocked here. there pains in the butt with that stuff.
Old 05-13-2004, 02:15 PM
bring ding ding ding

The restrictor restricts the air from entering the engine in order to give better gas mileage. You wont really notice much of a difference in low end power, but top end will be really surprising. Some people have said its dropped their 8th mile ETs .2-.3 seconds, pretty good for a freebie. Also, cut your airbox, relocate the temp sensor closer to the air filter(temp will read much cooler, 20-30 degrees), and pull out the maf screen. All of those mods will put other stock S-10 4.3 well behind you. Average gain of mods combined is around 15fwhp.
Old 05-14-2004, 02:21 AM
Bald tires again

thanks, this should help performance wise, now I just have to pull apart my interior and find out what the heck the damn wires run to that I was originally trying to find out. If you are looking I have a set of brand new in the box clear front head lights for my s-10, I accidentaly ordered 2 sets last time I ordered stuff. i'm trying to get rid of them.
Old 05-14-2004, 11:06 AM
bring ding ding ding

I've got some too. I'm actually trying to sell my truck. Ask around if anyone is interested. 2001 4.3 5 speed, 60,000 miles. Lowered, xenon body kit, various performance things, nitrous, underglows, 17" Eagle 212's, the works. Asking $9,000 firm.
Old 05-14-2004, 11:54 AM
Bald tires again

I'll toss the idea around the places that I hang out at, were is the truck located at?

Quick Reply: S-10 in cab wiring (headliner)