Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

RX-7.......Mixed Gas?

Old 09-22-2006, 05:26 AM
The Slide Show

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B4dFi5h has a reputation beyond reputeB4dFi5h has a reputation beyond reputeB4dFi5h has a reputation beyond reputeB4dFi5h has a reputation beyond reputeB4dFi5h has a reputation beyond reputeB4dFi5h has a reputation beyond reputeB4dFi5h has a reputation beyond reputeB4dFi5h has a reputation beyond reputeB4dFi5h has a reputation beyond reputeB4dFi5h has a reputation beyond repute
Default RX-7.......Mixed Gas?

Iv'e been reading up alot lately and alot of people are mixing 2 stroke motor oil in their gas. Alota people have told me its actually really good for he motor and how in can improve the life and power of my motor. I was just curious how many people have atually heard about people doing htis to their rotary motor and how it affects the car and if it is really worth starting to do.
Old 09-22-2006, 05:42 AM
Speak&Spell Anyone?

Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell
Default Re: RX-7.......Mixed Gas?

See this is where many people are going to have mixed views. Some people think that rotary motors are 2 stroke and some think they aren't. People say it is a 1.3 and some people say it is a 2.6.

I don't think it is a 2 stroke because it would only have one vlave per cylender and corect me if I am wrong but they do have atleast 2 valve, which make it a four stroke motor.

I wouldn't put oil in my gas because one: Your fuel pump won't be able to filter it out.
I also don't see how it would give you more power by putting oil in the gas. Oil is less conbustable (sp) then gas which would cause it to fall flat on its face. If the car would run because of the clogged up fuel pump/filter.

That is my thoughts about it.
Old 09-22-2006, 05:47 AM
Speak&Spell Anyone?

Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell

Also I know that there is more to a four stroke then the number of valves, it depends on the number of strokes the motor makes in a cycle. Rotaries don't make strokes but they do have the exhaust and intake valves opening at a different time so technically there would be more than to strokes for each cycle.

Sorry to go on a little but I just wanted to make sure everything is clear.

It is not considered to be a 2 stroke motor so I wouldn't put oil in the gas! I wouldn't think the fuel system would be able to handle that. Aslo sence it isn't considered a 2 stroke you actually have a 2.6 not a 1.3. That was a little off subject but whatever
Old 09-22-2006, 05:53 AM
PandaMania

BigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these parts

i used to have a gen 2 rx-7 and read the same stuff about pre mixing. The only reason I have heard about doing it is when you remove the oil squirters and stuff. They say it is safer to pre mix because the oil squiters cant keep up at high rpms. I still didnt do it because I dont think the fuel pump could handle it. But hey it might work. I mean at first i didnt believe the whole running water into a vaccum line to clean out the carben build up. but that worked.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:44 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by Uh_Dave
Also I know that there is more to a four stroke then the number of valves, it depends on the number of strokes the motor makes in a cycle. Rotaries don't make strokes but they do have the exhaust and intake valves opening at a different time so technically there would be more than to strokes for each cycle.

Sorry to go on a little but I just wanted to make sure everything is clear.

It is not considered to be a 2 stroke motor so I wouldn't put oil in the gas! I wouldn't think the fuel system would be able to handle that. Aslo sence it isn't considered a 2 stroke you actually have a 2.6 not a 1.3. That was a little off subject but whatever
Ugh, I don't know where to start.

First of all, a Wankel is neither 2 stroke or 4 stroke, that only applies to piston engines. You're thinking about combustion events, which are different.

Wankels don't have valves.

The number of valves per cylinder doesn't have anything to do with 2 or 4 stroke designation. And again, Wankels don't have valves.

Putting oil in the gas is a good way to decrease power unless you've specifically tuned for that. It is good for lubrication though, but there are better ways to go about that.

The displacement of an engine is independant of whether it's a 2 or 4 stroke. Cylinder swept volume is what is measured. You're confusing this with the number of revolutions required to ingest the full displacement worth of air. It takes a 4 stroke two revolutions to ingest that cylinder's displacement worth of air, while a 2 stroke only takes one revolution.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 09-22-2006 at 07:16 AM.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:19 AM
Speak&Spell Anyone?

how many revolutions does it take for a wankels?

I didn't think I was 100% correct on that but I remember talking about it some what about 4 years ago with my dad and I am sure I changed a lot of stuff around and forgot some details he told me.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:31 AM
The Slide Show

B4dFi5h has a reputation beyond reputeB4dFi5h has a reputation beyond reputeB4dFi5h has a reputation beyond reputeB4dFi5h has a reputation beyond reputeB4dFi5h has a reputation beyond reputeB4dFi5h has a reputation beyond reputeB4dFi5h has a reputation beyond reputeB4dFi5h has a reputation beyond reputeB4dFi5h has a reputation beyond reputeB4dFi5h has a reputation beyond repute

It has a stroke for Ignition, Expansion, Exhaust, Intake, and Compression in one full rotation. ( http://cp_www.tripod.com/rotary/pg29.htm )

Last edited by B4dFi5h; 09-23-2006 at 06:34 AM.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:29 AM
Registered Member

1rude2l has disabled reputation

4 strokes consist of compresion stroke, exhaust stroke, intake stroke and power stroke, rotaries are 4 stroke motors. I used to have one i have a little knowledge on them. There is no oil squirters either, you actually have a pump on your accesory drive that is a oil pump it pump a mist of oil into the air it ingest. there is a way to turn up the level of oil i dont know how to, but you can. There is no valves just intake and exhaust ports the rotor moves in like a peanut shape while also turning in a circle. The peanut shape is what basically open and closes the ports (actually the rotor just blocks them off). as far as mixing oil in with the gas i wouldn't, cant be good on your injectors and everything else fuel related. i would really check into the air intake oil pump if you wanted to up the amount of oil it adds into the air. Thats why they use oil like they do and always smoke a little when you get on it. sorry for the long post hope i was helpful!

Roger
Old 09-23-2006, 10:31 AM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

MIxking oil in would reduce octane. that's a no-no for a wankel.