Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

rx-7 issue

Old 04-25-2005, 12:03 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva
Default rx-7 issue

my turbo II suddenyl stopped running on great bridge blvd and smoke was coming from under my feet and shift boot.

the engine turns over fine now and i get some combustion but not enough to keep it running.

i checked my plugs and they are fine as well as I have no vacuum leaks. i dont understand where the smoke came from because it seems as if it was coming from my tranny. thats doesnt explain why the engine wont start though. it shouldnt be fuel related either since i have a fuel- cutoff switch.

someone please help me out cuz i have never been so clueless about this engine as i am now
Old 04-25-2005, 12:52 PM
PandaMania

BigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these parts
Default Re: rx-7 issue

damn you have th worse luck with cars
Old 04-25-2005, 01:03 PM
Registered Member

zionamore has disabled reputation

sounds like a blown motor.. apex seal poped out if you can drive it but dosnt pick up speed and you cant boost much.. the motors blown
Old 04-25-2005, 01:17 PM
Am I kawaii? Uguu~

Lawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these parts

Damn man. You just got the new motor in and its dead already.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:20 PM

Volcom Racing is an unknown quantity at this point

That explains why it wasnt holding a tune man...

I'm pretty sure that we had a discussion about the BOV not hissing as loud. So once again, thats another symptom.

Last edited by Volcom Racing; 04-25-2005 at 01:31 PM.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:22 PM
PandaMania

BigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these parts

hope you got some type of warrenty from the place you got the motor.
Old 04-26-2005, 06:19 AM
Registered Member

Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva

i have a warranty on the engine
Old 04-26-2005, 10:02 AM
Registered Member

just for a note. i'm pretty confident the engine is ruined. i called the place where i had the warranty and they told me i probably ruined my engine. i had told them i have not raced the engine at all and have kept excellent maintenance on it so far. basically i feel like they are going to try to cheat me out of my warranty. these things may have gone wrong:
-blown apex seals
-bearing on the crankshaft broke/came loose
-coil igniters are bad (unlikely)

i think i'm going to sell my rx-7 turbo II after this engine is repaired and revert back to my eagle talon.

screw rotary engines, they have pushed me to my last nerve.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:15 AM

Volcom Racing is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry to hear that james... best of luck.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:29 AM
PandaMania

damn that sucks. Get it running and sell it. I sold mine.

Quick Reply: rx-7 issue