Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Rsx suspension question

Old 09-14-2008, 09:27 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E
Default Rsx suspension question

Ok, so im kind of in a dilemma. My rsx came with buddy club n+ spec coil overs, and it was pretty low, but the guy said it can go lower. So I bought new wheels for it, and bought 40 series tires, because I was going for a really slammed look, and didn't want a lot of tire.

Well my wheels and tires come in, we go to slap them on. First time I ever am taking off the stock type-s wheels on my car. The front was already maxed out, and there was still a two finger gap between the tire and front fender. This was with my new 17's. I was pissed and couldn't believe that was the lowest my coil overs went. The rear's still had room to come down like two inches.

So there lies my issue, I like my coil overs and they are worth a good bit of money. But im having the biggest issue finding different springs. I was planning on going with a 6.5"-7" spring, if they have it, that way I could have another inch or inch and a half to play with, but buddy club is telling me a really stupid high number on two springs.

Should I just sell my suspension and buy something that suits me better, i.e. tein flex/fortune coil overs. Or is there something I can do to make the suspension on my car work?

I really cant stand having any tire/fender gap, it makes me really not like this car.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:32 PM
<3

elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz
Default Re: Rsx suspension question

Get a set of Eibach ERS springs or Swift springs in the correct ID, spring rate and length you want. Problem solved. Replace the wack ass BC springs you don't like, and you're good to go.

I paid $130 per pair of ERS springs, and Swifts are like $80 a spring from King Motorsports.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:07 AM
Registered member

WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E

Originally Posted by ĦHombre!
Get a set of Eibach ERS springs or Swift springs in the correct ID, spring rate and length you want. Problem solved. Replace the wack ass BC springs you don't like, and you're good to go.

I paid $130 per pair of ERS springs, and Swifts are like $80 a spring from King Motorsports.
thanks man, I wasnt sure whether you can mix match springs without changing the BC struts.

Yay, ill hop on ordering some asap.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:15 PM
<3

elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz

Originally Posted by WALL-E
thanks man, I wasnt sure whether you can mix match springs without changing the BC struts.

Yay, ill hop on ordering some asap.
Yeah, as long as you don't put to harsh of a spring rate on them, you'll be good. Since you aren't looking for performance as much as looks on this vehicle, you should be safe with lowering it beyond what factory is. If you were gonna do hard driving and put a lot of stress on the struts I wouldn't advise it.