Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

RSX keyless entry problem...

Old 04-08-2012, 02:58 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blaznkwest will become famous soon enough
Default RSX keyless entry problem...

When I press lock/unlock on my remote I can hear the power locks trying to activate, but nothing happens. I can tell something is loose with the driver's side door. Also, when pressing the lock/unlock button on the panel, all of the locks work except the driver's side. I'm assuming this is why the keyless entry doesn't work. Any ideas of what it could be? I know this is one of the things you have to look at to really understand what's going on, so if anybody could look at it for me/fix it for me, I would be willing to pay. Thanks!
Old 04-09-2012, 03:02 PM
Registered Member

TRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these parts
Default Re: RSX keyless entry problem...

Replace the door lock actuator. It will fix your problem. They go bad and the keyless entry stops working. Seems like you have narrowed it down to the drivers side actuator.

Edit: This is common is the RSX and TSX
Old 04-09-2012, 07:34 PM
Hellafunctional

Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93

Originally Posted by TRQLESS
Replace the door lock actuator. It will fix your problem. They go bad and the keyless entry stops working. Seems like you have narrowed it down to the drivers side actuator.

Edit: This is common is the RSX and TSX
^That, my door lock actuator went out in my old EP3. I think it was ~70 bucks or so from the dealership. Look around online for diy guides on how to change them. As for the remote locks, I don't think this would cause that.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:45 AM
Registered Member

Blaznkwest will become famous soon enough

I was told it is probably the clip that holds the lock to the actuator. Which makes the most sense right now because the lock is a little loose. I'm going to try that first and go from there. Thanks for the help!